Okay, seriously, when is this site going to slow down!?!?!?!?!

* I think that, any way you slice it, Rob, BYC is gonna keep growing and more than likely, faster and faster. As more and more folks gain access to the web, whether by cell, like me, or some other tech toy and more countries come online seriously-- ya know??? Ed: Anyplace o/l that tells the stats for average # of users for animal specific sites that you know of??

Last edited:
I'm #2 on your list there
big_smile.png

Without this site, I wouldn't have known what my breed Chick-Chick is and even though maybe I didn't really want to know, I was able to find out what Cornish X are supposed to be for as well as what they can suffer from. I got/get so much info on so many subjects. I also hang out here much more than I should.
lol.png

And eh...also without this site, I wouldn't have discovered that my addiction is normal!
big_smile.png

AND without this site and the ENABLERS here, I wouldn't have ever gotten friends for Chick-Chick or gotten into getting Browns for laying.
yippiechickie.gif

AND where else would I keep posting pics of my chicks...people here think I'm absolutely nuts.

AND
gig.gif
I could go on forever, but maybe you can use that for stats eh Nifty?
wee.gif

All I can say is Thank you so much for this site.

I honestly think my husband and kids would have left me by now if it weren't it! I think its amazing to be able to find a whole community of people that share a single interest. And think of the service done for the chickens themselves!!!!!! I raised chickens as a kid, we would just go get more babies and put them in the coop, we didn't know about heat lamps, chick starter, acclimating the flock to newbies slowly....we lost a lot of chickens over the years. When they got sick, we had to put them down.
We just didn't have access to information!

Thank you again, this site has made raising chickens so much easier and fun. I think a link to this site should come with every hatchery order
(hmmmmm, good idea don't you think?)

We knew we wanted chickens and if I rembember right I found the site by looking for info on a chicken swap. However I found it I am glad I did. I have got hatching eggs from here and because I have learned so much from here I actually got them to hatch:) I was in FFA over 10 years ago and we had chickens that I fed every day at the high school but now that I finally have my own it's tons better:) Now I am off to a chicken swap to fuel my addiction. LOL

NiftyChicken, you needn't worry about the increase in membership. I will soon be sending out a message to all present and future members that if they want their membership to continue permanently without interruption, they must send a $10 donation to me at my home address.
If you hurry and send your enrollment fee, you can be the FIRST permanent member. This opportunity will only come once, so don't stop to think!

Three cheers to Rob for making this the funnest place on the net!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I have not only learned everything I know about chickens from here, but have also gotten a wealth of knowledge about many other subjects as well as met some amazing people!!!!

Thanks again Rob, and to all of you enablers out there!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't have the nerve to try chickens if I hadn't found this place.

A couple years ago, I ran across the Eglu on the internet and thought...hmm...there are chickens in the street all the time right down the road...maybe we could have some!

A year ago I started wanting chickens. Then I found KEEP CHICKENS, a terrific lighthearted book about yard chickens. Then I went to the library. THEN I found this place, and within a week or two had someone share to share an order of chickens with!

I think most new people are in the second category, and I think it may be related to vague fears about the economy tanking. Reading some of the threads about living frugally and depression....I can see I'm not the only person with concerns!

ETA: I loved the friendly tone of KEEP CHICKENS and I REALLY love the atmosphere here. It's like we're sitting on my back porch with a tub of ice and beer, just hanging out and talking about our chickens, husbands, pets, gardens...

Last edited:
Quote:
Do I know it! I've just become Overrun with Chickens and I've only been a member since this February! That's only FOUR MONTHS and I've posted 501 times (over 100 posts per month!)!!!!

(having BYC as my homepage might have something to do with it...
wink.png
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enviro, how come it says you registered in April?
Like she was saying, I have been on this board for 2 months and I have 960 + posts. my mom is ashamed.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom