Okay, seriously, when is this site going to slow down!?!?!?!?!

wow, I cant believe it's only 18 months old!!

I joined because we got chickens in October and chicks this spring. I love forums and am a member to many fishing forums. I have learned LOTS on those and figured, HEY, why not a chicken forum! And I have learned quite a bit already here!

Thank you for this site. It's the chicken's knees!
big_smile.png

I love BYC!! Being a chicken novice, this forum has given me access to a wealth of knowledge I would never have even known where to start looking for if it weren't for the internet.
And for chicken keeping sake, I am proud to be in group 2 because it means I am one more person in this world who is chicken obsessed! Thanks, BYC, and keep up the great work!
big_smile.png

Thank You all for taking the time out of your day to help other people with chicken problems.
Now adays it is hard to get people to say hello let alone help you with a problem your
having that even includes the local feed stores.
love.gif

THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING THIS SITE ALIVE!!
thumbsup.gif

P.S. IF we have to grow our own food to survive in the upcoming years people are gona need
a site like this to show them how to do it!!! WE AIN"T SLOWING DOWN JUST GETTIN STARTED!!
woot.gif

Thank you so much Niffty. This site is the best. I was gone for a few months<family stuff> and just got back on here. I can't believe how its grown. I think more and more people are trying to grow their own food. It is healthier, cheaper and taste so much better. Besides who can afford to go to the grocery store. BTW I saw x- large brown eggs at the farmers market for 3.75 and jumbo's for 4.25. And around here that is a hefty price. Again

THANK YOU!!! We really appriciate all that you do!! Cindy

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

I think this site is great. I've been a member for a short time but my knowledge base has grown greatly. The members are very helpful and at times quite entertaining. I have also seen very little contention here, unlike other sites.

The social aspect is integral to the knowledge aspect of the site. It helps keep things alive. I also think that although some people use the social forums for increasing their post count it isn't as bad as other sites. Another site I visit has "Forum Royalty" based on number of posts. The ones I checked have most of their posts in the social area, not the knowledge area, yet these are the ones that think they own the site and everyone should think like they do. I have not seen that here at all. This is a much friendlier and kinder site with more people that want to help.

I think the number of posts would slow down if people used the search features more. Even being a new member I can already see some irritation on my part when I see the same question posted that was asked a couple of days prior. Sometimes the same question by different people on the same day.

Thank you Nifty-Chicken.

I don't know about other places, but here in Utah, new chicken owners are turning up everywhere. I went to the bank today and while I was making a deposit, in walked a person carrying a box of peepers. The teller said they belonged to a fellow teller and she said, "What's with everyone getting chickens around here?" And then I proceeded to tell her about our chickens that we just got a few weeks ago. She then proceeded to tell me that she was thinking about maybe getting a chicken for her son as a pet because she didn't want to get a dog. So I gave her this website and told her she had to check it out. The IFA stores around here sell out of their chicks within hours. I feel lucky to have gotten mine. Seems we've all got chicken fever:)

First off, thanks everyone for the nice comments, but seriously.... I just work here! It is the members and the moderators that really make this place ROCK!

Yes, people should all practice using the search more: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=47494

Also
, if you guys see the same questions asked over and over, don't be afraid to send people to the FAQs or link to other threads on the subject.

Speaking of search: Am I the only one that will be searching for something on Google only to wind up right back here?

I swear, it is like some glorious black hole sucking us back in.
wink.png

LOL JK!!! YOU ARE DOING A TERRIFC JOB RUNNIN THIS PLACE!!!! and you dont just work hear, you are the Captain who is incharge of this whole entire chicken empire
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom