***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Sounds like a great sat for sale lovers in your area Michael! I think the prague sale would be an interesting one. I am going to check out our tractor supply tomorrow and see if that trap deal is good here! I could use those for some rabbits and cats around here.
They are calling for bitter winter weather moving in sat night,might even get snow! And rain all day sat. I'm going to the Elkton,Ky sale with my buddy sat. Last one was small so this one will pro ably be to with the rain.

Robin hope Dave got his turkey fix!lol glad you got to see the grandkids.

NaNa I see where there was another quake,did you all get " all shook up" again? How are the cattle doing? You got any shorthorns in your herd?

Well guess I better turn in,wife has to get up and go into work in the morning,said she would be home in time for the Ark. Game! She is as crazy about football as I am about birds!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Robin are you sure the egg isn't just stuck in the oviduct? If it is I read several remedies one involving steam and heat (95-100 degrees not burning hot) and tums w/ vitasol (tums for ca gluconate and vitasol for vit D to absorb the ca)

For internal laying there isn't much hope that I could find. The older the hen the more likely to develop internal laying, also said it could be started from internal parasites, but CA can imitate the s/sx of internal laying.

Just got in from shoping in Chickasha city..The line's wer long never seen so manny crzy peep..they would load the cart full an get to anothe place see something they liked better so they would throw stuff out of ther cart why get it if your not going to buy it...
Got up to the cash out line peep wer doing the same thing taking stuff out of ther cart's an just laying it any wer after they got in line some folk's in front of us was like i dont need a blinder an why did i get this crock pot ,, I never seen such a mes....
Did see lot's of chicken folk's an one lady in Cement said her daughter had 30 roo's to get rid of..So that made the trip worth it wen you can talk chicken's with peep wile you shop..

Quote:
what is CA?

thanks Kass, she made it through the nite, and found an article recommending a drink of cornsyrup, milk, oil and vitamins, so i gave her that last nite, she drank almost all of it, it will boost her energy and get calcium into her- her comb is healthy and will see how she does, and i'll look up the condition you mention- she is one of my first rescues when i first got chickens

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanks Giving.

I am protesting the black Friday & not shopping this year plus there wasn't anything that I couldn't live without. I feel sorry for the employee's that had to be at work for the sales starting at 10pm & 12AM.

I enjoyed my day with family then came home & slept off all the turkey! LOL.

Quote:
what is CA?

thanks Kass, she made it through the nite, and found an article recommending a drink of cornsyrup, milk, oil and vitamins, so i gave her that last nite, she drank almost all of it, it will boost her energy and get calcium into her- her comb is healthy and will see how she does, and i'll look up the condition you mention- she is one of my first rescues when i first got chickens

CA Cancer
ca calcium

Last edited:
ok, she is more perky today- did some research- bulking up her calcium, crumbles with milk and water with vitamins and calcium-
fl.gif
i am thinking i need to up all their calcium- suggestions?

I picked up a new, really nice hen several years ago, and her abdomen felt "crunchy" which I interpreted to mean a possible egg broken inside. Her roo was rather rough, so I thought that was a possibility. she never did act like anything was wrong, but her abdomen became hard with about an egg-sized mass, and she quit laying. I researched, got advice and treated her with everything suggested, but mostly with an antibiotic in case it was a crushed egg that she couldn't pass. I'd read that if they are healthy, their bodies wills sometimes absorb the egg. She never did act sick at all, but the mass was in her abdomen for close to a year. It gradually disappeared and she started laying again. She was fine after that. NN breeder gave me a lot of the advice.

Back
Top Bottom