***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
Yep! Maybe we come from the same family
hmm.png
iHop was great though.
Guthrie Grain here in town said they have Game Cock Ration by Shawnee Feed, I think it's the same stuff GotGame was talking about.
It's 15 % protein & ingredients say:
Wheat Middlings, Wheat, Corn, Milo, Oats, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, Hominy Feed, Meat & Bone Meal, Sunflower Seed
Does that sound good or no? Beings they're a Shawnee dealer I'm hoping they'll have that stuff you were talking about that you feed. I'm going to run up there tomorrow.

Shawnee's game cock is a pretty good feed. they have added fish meal to thier layer now so its a 18%. The only thing I don't like is that its not a locked formula it seems to change with every batch based on what waste material they had from the flour mill.

as to the family part I never know, lost track of most of my family and not really looking for them either.

Quote:
What time Friday does it open? And where in Prague? I just may have to go and look!

Just north of town about 7 or 8 miles on west side of teh road. I can drive there but other than that not good for directions...

Quote:
Precious girls... at times I wish our girls were that age again, now that they're grown they are more of a handfull, they were so good when they were little. Enjoy them while you can.

Quote:
Shawnee's game cock is a pretty good feed. they have added fish meal to thier layer now so its a 18%. The only thing I don't like is that its not a locked formula it seems to change with every batch based on what waste material they had from the flour mill.

Well that doesn't sound like good practice. Not when chicken food hasn't been $6 a bag in years. I'm not going to feed layer to any of them because I have too many boys. Heck, I've got as many boys as girls & only 2 girls are laying anyway. I'll just leave oyster shell out in the layer's coop. I'll see what they've got when I go.
Edit:
Quote:
Robin, who calls them that? Their mom? lol!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! I bet I can find it if I go. I'm trying to talk myself OUT of going so I can get some more pens done. So we'll see if I manage that.

Quote:
hmm.png
iHop was great though.
Guthrie Grain here in town said they have Game Cock Ration by Shawnee Feed, I think it's the same stuff GotGame was talking about.
Wheat Middlings, Wheat, Corn, Milo, Oats, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, Hominy Feed, Meat & Bone Meal, Sunflower Seed
Does that sound good or no? Beings they're a Shawnee dealer I'm hoping they'll have that stuff you were talking about that you feed. I'm going to run up there tomorrow.

The game cock Ration I'm talking about is not made by Shawnee feed. The one im feeding has calf manna and dog food in it. Are the ingredients you listed the Shawnee made game cock ration?

Last edited:
Quote:
Precious girls... at times I wish our girls were that age again, now that they're grown they are more of a handfull, they were so good when they were little. Enjoy them while you can.

this is the first time we've seen them in a year- they get so busy they don't get down here, and yes- Ester their mom was saying thats the only way she can tell them apart from a distance...LOL!

Quote:
hmm.png
iHop was great though.

The game cock Ration I'm talking about is not made by Shawnee feed. The one im feeding has calf manna and dog food in it. Are the ingredients you listed the Shawnee made game cock ration?

Yea, the ingredients listed is the one made by Shawnee. And Guthrie Grain is a dealer for them also. Who makes yours? Because I called up there that same day we were talking about it and she said they do have it and it's $12/bag. The stuff I asked her about is the stuff you use. I didn't think this ingredient list sounded the same. I want the stuff with all the different things in it, it doesn't look like straight pellets. That's the stuff she *said they had. Maybe they have game cock feed of more than 1 brand, that'd be great if they do.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your chick not making it. It is so hard to have one hatch out then just kell over. The worst thing for me is 95% of the time I have no ideal what the cause is, so I would know what to do different next time.

MaryJo, I think Joe needs a mini rooster, of his own. He could take him with him when he has to travel. The rooster could hang out with him and watch the game and when he is hanging out with the guys. These roosters may be small but they are very "manly" chickens. He could talk all his guy friends into getting one and they could swap rooster stories, male bonding crap, etc. Heck we could probably come up with chicken diapers with their favorite sports team logos on it or something like that. Guys dig that stuff.

I think June is targeting the wrong group of people. Men who like sports, that's who she needs to target. She would have to start charging for roosters cuz she would not be able to keep them in stock. June this should be your new motto; Manly men have mini roosters I think I know where we can get some mini footballs, soccer balls and basketballs. Maybe we could get someone to teach their rooster to kick a ball. That would be cool.

Okay I am obviously really tired because this all seems really funny to me and is probably not so much.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy those in your life who you love and love you back. They are a blessing.

I must be tired too cause I think that is all very funny.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom