***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
I will keep an eye on him, and watch his poop. I feel better now that his comb is getting color back. He still hasnt crowed today.

Do you keep him indoors or out? Those tall single combs can get frostbite when the birds are outside on cold mornings. Usually the dark tips mean that there's not enough oxygen getting to the area for some reason. I would do like Sooner recommends and make sure he's not having a crop problem, too.

Quote:
I will keep an eye on him, and watch his poop. I feel better now that his comb is getting color back. He still hasnt crowed today.

Do you keep him indoors or out? Those tall single combs can get frostbite when the birds are outside on cold mornings. Usually the dark tips mean that there's not enough oxygen getting to the area for some reason. I would do like Sooner recommends and make sure he's not having a crop problem, too.

He is indoors. He is a spoiled little chicken. I checked his crop, but I really don't know what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Firm and I'm feeding him medicated chick starter. He gets dried meal worms as a treat.

Take him off the medicated chick starter...a few years ago, Jerry Schexnayder (original Serama importer) had several young cockerals die....necropsy showed that they had died of kidney failure from the medicated chick starter.

Quote:
I'm not sure. I got him from okjunebug. Shee said he was almost full grown. Junebug if you log on: do you remember how old this one is? He is the one with the gimpy foot.

He's about 5/6 months old.

Quote:
Firm and I'm feeding him medicated chick starter. He gets dried meal worms as a treat.

Take him off the medicated chick starter...a few years ago, Jerry Schexnayder (original Serama importer) had several young cockerals die....necropsy showed that they had died of kidney failure from the medicated chick starter.

Ok I will try that and make sure he gets enough grit and watch him throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom