***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Good morning all. Just a quick post then I need to get busy making more chicken pens outside for the new additions I brought home last night. I had a blast at POOPS, was totally shot when I got home, couldnt hardly walk was so dang sore. But it was worth it. CleoChick, nice to meet your husband last night, sorry about the bad luck on the deer crash. I wish the state would open a longer season, or much higher bag limit, they are so dang thick, it worries me everytime I am on the road after dark. I hit one 2 years ago it only cost 500 deductable (ya only) but did near 7000 dollars worth of damage to the truck. I dont have much use for deer anymore. Anyway had a blast, thanks for all the people that bought some stuff from me and thanks to those who sold me birds and thanks to those who planned this nice event. Look forward to the next one. Will try to remeber names but I suck at that. I use the excuse I had a tumor taken out of my head is why I cant remember stuff, but dont tell anyone, I couldnt remember crap before that either.l
lol.png

Quote:
Sjarvis, I want to tell you how impressed I was by your dog, in every way. What a beautifull well behaved animal.

thumbsup.gif

Thank you very much!.. I havent gotten to work with him as much as I would like so I still have alot I would like to do with him.

Well, it certainly doesn't show. You and Carl should be proud.

Cowboy it was nice to meet you. So glad to.have such a friendly addition to our little group.

Good Morning My Family

Had a great time at POOPS!

I was so tired, I crashed.

Kids were still sleeping today at 11am.

Came home with 2 new rabbits, several chicks, and several new birds...
Already informed my Hubby to get ready to build more pens when he comes home...lol

Trying to get some rest after my morning activities. clean barn, feed kids, feed critters, clean my barn and make room for new critters, oh well
I guess rest will come at bedtime.... lol

CityClucks
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
thank you! thank you!
ya.gif
I got Chickens. Woo Hoo! Reading further down I see that OKCarla may have sold you some of her experiments. LOL That's fine with me. Pepper gave me a pure cuckoo marans and he crossed with my ameracauna and I have 2 hens that lay the deep olive green eggs. My egg clients love all the colored eggs in their dozens so I'm not picky about egg color. The more colors the merrier! Thank you CityClucks and thank you OKCarla and Happy Birthday to your hubby. I bet you could probably gift him with some new chickens............ LOLOLOLOL
lol.png

Can't wait to see my new chicky girls...will probably be a week before pepper gets them to me, but it'll be well worth the wait, I've always wanted a frizzle and NN so this will be perfect!!!!

Here is a tribute to the flexibility of nature.
Thursday evening, I went into the barn with someone my turkeys are not familiar with, and a turkey hen moved off her nest in a hay bale, because we were walking close to her nest in the hay. I thought she would immediately return to her nest after we left, so didn't think too much of it. Friday morning, I entered the barn and she was still sitting in the hay in the location she had moved to on Thursday night - and her abandoned nest of eggs was cold, cold, cold. I candled the eggs and they appeared to have developed, so I put the cold eggs into the incubator, with the thought "can't hurt anything."

Saturday evening, two poults had hatched and one was still pipping. I wasn't very optimistic about the chances of those cold eggs hatching, so was pleasantly surprised.
jumpy.gif
Guess I need to inform the turkey hen that she needs to move - there are no longer eggs beneath her.
roll.png

OkCarla, CityClucks posted that she got me some of your frizzle NN pullets. A splash and a black. Does that mean these are older birds or chicks? I'm really a novice about the chickens even though I started a year ago and have even incubated and hatched eggs successfully. Oh....Pepper just called to tell me the pullets are the 10 week old ones. I'll be getting them as soon as he can get up here to deliver them. My shoulder and collar bone are out so I need help with them and he works and I have PT so hopefully we'll get it arranged so I'll have them soon. Pepper's also bringing me 9 cuckoo marans of his. LOL I think my chicken house just got too small, not really, they'll work for a while and I'll plan for another add-on. LOL
wee.gif
woo hoo!

My neighbor across the street said they used to have 49 chickens just loose in the yard but the dogs and eagles got them. So if she had that many chickens then my soon to be 2 dozen won't be too many!
tongue.png

Hey everyone, great seeing everyone, and so great connecting faces with names again.
sorry I couldn't help much, legs were not happy when we got there.

Peaches, AL, Cara, and Coral top peeps for us today.
celebrate.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
celebrate.gif

Not sure who else helped, will give you a big atta boy, about as good as a round to it.

now one complaint, its a biggie.

WHY WASN'T THERE ANY TRAINS??!!??
rant.gif
tongue.gif
somad.gif
duc.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

I watched and waited, a diesel truck on the highway sounded like one approaching
fl.gif
. But then it would go by on the WRONG SIDE of the meeting .
smack.gif

the meeting place. was that a fairgrounds, or 4 H club, or a FFA club, or a american legion picnic place to be.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom