***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Thanks cowboy-- I am planning on butchering a few NN towards March. They have less feathers than my RIR. Less feathers means less work. Plus they are larger too!

2. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    What colors do you have now

3. NotSuperWoman

NotSuperWoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    My Humble Manor
    Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately we only have LF.... no bantams, yet. Maybe next year! :)

4. Poco Pollo

Poco Pollo Vista de Nada Farm

Jun 14, 2009
    Haskell, OK
    Cold and rainy here.

Angela - Nice to meet you. Good luck with your hatch. Sorry I didn't think to tell DH to mark the eggs he collected for me. Some surprises are okay.

I'm getting anxious about my next bunch in the hatcher. They are scheduled to pip tomorrow. I've only see one wiggle so far. I keep thinking I'm hearing peeping sounds, but each time I've been fooled by Conner dreaming dog dreams on the couch. I think he's talking chicken in his sleep.

5. NotSuperWoman

NotSuperWoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    My Humble Manor
    I just finished catching up to the thread. Sounds like some of you had a productive day, and sounds like some of you got affected by the weather.

God was smiling on me today. Woke up to dreary cold weather here. It was freezing (to me) all morning. Then the farmer delivered a dump truck of compost about noonish. I was not looking forward to moving it all in the cold, but leaving it where it was was out of the question because it was dumped in the driveway and I am OCD about having to garage my suv at night. My DD and I buttoned up our coats and headed outside. and the SUN came OUT!! It was perfect weather for working outside, and stayed that way until we got mostly finished hauling the compost to the garden beds. Then the clouds moved back in and the drizzle started again. There is still some on the driveway, but it is the stuff that got packed down and I'm going to have to scrape it off with a shovel or pressure spray it off.

Coral blessed me with some more hatching eggs from her laying hens! I only asked for 8 because I only can have two more hens here, and she gave me 2 dozen! Yes you all are enablers!!! If half of these are successful hatches, I may just decide to keep them all and move them to the 4H clubhouse as my DDs "project chickens".

Thank you Coral!!

Time to shut down the computer and head to bed. Have a blessed night all.

6. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Good night

7. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    My NN are all red. I hatched them early this fall with a red NN roo from greybear & my RIR hens. Kids didn't like the NN at first, but think they have grown on them. Plus they REALLY get the attention of people when they visit.

8. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    that is absoloutly no excuse not to come over anyway.[​IMG]

we can probably find you some bantams at the show! [​IMG]

besides that , i like to be able to pick out the people i harass on site.[​IMG]

9. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla

remeber that the number is 150, n0t 175, n0t 200, 150!

god he always trys to kill me on setup day!

10. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Has anyone heard from Gotgame lately?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by