***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Wayne it is snowing pretty hard at my house right now. Hope it hurries and goes your way. What kind of pigeons you selling. How far are you from the guy on CL with the lahore pigeons

I am ussauly not the kind to back up stuff. But put my flash drive in and had most of my pictures backed up on it. Most have did it right before the move because that is about where the pictures stopped. Least now I have some of the old family pictures I was looking for. Here is a trip down memory lane.

Brassy Back

That is a good looking Brassy LF, now you need soem real nice Brassy Bantam too. I know someone who has a few in a pen..

Last edited:
Well, going to run for teh evening.. I have a chance to catch up on sleep for a change I'm taking advantage of it.

Sooner I have more band numbers for you when your ready. Or you can wait till you pick them up. I am sure a call to Ken with a bird count would help.. I also need to know if you want the Black RC Male, he is a real looker too. The Little RC Girls that stay will be meeting thier man Saturday, The start of Birchen Rosecombs what a sight that color contrast will be.

That is a good looking Brassy LF, now you need soem real nice Brassy Bantam too. I know someone who has a few in a pen..

Thanks and I appreciate the offer Carl, but I aint as smart as you. You said you did away with the LF and kept the small stuff. Feed bill is better that way. I am just the opposite I am trying to go bigger. That way at least I can store all the mishaps in the freezer.

Last edited:
Cowboy - nice looking birds. I like the brassy backs and yours is nice. How many birds did you take with you when you moved? How many do you have now? Snow already? It's just raining lightly here right now. Temp is 40 degrees but I'm sure that will change soon.

Nana - that's a long time for a house to be on the market - since March '11. I hope for a reasonably quick sale, but not at the expense of losing all of the equity potential. I've had this house since 1988. A lot of memories are here too, which could account for my shock at the low prices houses are selling for now. I'd like for the sale to be fair for me and for the buyer. As bad as I want out of here, I'm finding that it's a more emotional process than I thought it would be. BTW, your spangled's are gorgeous! I saw some of those at the Sept. show when you got yours. Those are on my wish list for later on.
smile.png

Is this your first snow of the season cowboy? We are supposed to only get flurries by the time it gets here. That guy is in driveable distance,on the other isde of Bowling Green. He only has one pair of Lahores and wanted $20 for them . That was last night they may be gone now. I checked on the runbts for Elwood and they were already gone. I'm just taking the three modenas I got here while back to the sale. I decided not to cross them with the American Confetties. That might distort their shape some. May try and cross some homer into them if I can come up with some yellows. You know it amased me the Confetties only eat about half as much as the rollers! I was kind of worried about getting back into the barn breed because I figured they would be glutons but this bunch at least isn't!

Cowboy - nice looking birds. I like the brassy backs and yours is nice. How many birds did you take with you when you moved? How many do you have now? Snow already? It's just raining lightly here right now. Temp is 40 degrees but I'm sure that will change soon.

Nana - that's a long time for a house to be on the market - since March '11. I hope for a reasonably quick sale, but not at the expense of losing all of the equity potential. I've had this house since 1988. A lot of memories are here too, which could account for my shock at the low prices houses are selling for now. I'd like for the sale to be fair for me and for the buyer. As bad as I want out of here, I'm finding that it's a more emotional process than I thought it would be. BTW, your spangled's are gorgeous! I saw some of those at the Sept. show when you got yours. Those are on my wish list for later on.
smile.png

I got down to oriental gamefowl (Asil, Bantam Asil, KO Shamo, and madagascar game) Cornish, and my blue and black NN hens. I sold all American gamefowl before the move. Sold 75% of my oriental fowl and all the red NN hens. Now that I have got settled in I have upped the breeding pens of Asil LF, and Asil bantams. I got out of LF and bantam Shamo and just kept the KO shamo. I am raising out of them some this year, but don't know if I want to pursue them more or not. They are awesome, but ABA doesn't recognize them so showing is all but out. Sure I can show them, but no competition locally and no further reward than their own breed. (no best of show, etc) So I am going to raise a few till I hear more about whats going on with them. Heard back during the National that someone was working to get them recognized, but I have asked around and no one has come up with a contact so I can try to help out. I cut back on the Madagascar (another breed not recognized in the APA) to my best hens. I put a real nice young asil stag with them in hopes of adding a little size. I got out of cornish. I have added some large black Jersey Giant hens to my NN pen and a blue NN rooster. I hatched six blue NN in the bunch that hatched this week. I am trying to bulk up my numbers of blue NN hens for egg production (am in process of making 2 chicken tractors) and hope to raise several cockerels for butchering. I have had chickens and pigeons all my life. I have always wanted to do allot more with them than I could do to work etc. I am now in a position that I can do more. If I just had more money and better health, I would be the chicken king of Okla.
lau.gif

Is this your first snow of the season cowboy? We are supposed to only get flurries by the time it gets here. That guy is in driveable distance,on the other isde of Bowling Green. He only has one pair of Lahores and wanted $20 for them . That was last night they may be gone now. I checked on the runbts for Elwood and they were already gone. I'm just taking the three modenas I got here while back to the sale. I decided not to cross them with the American Confetties. That might distort their shape some. May try and cross some homer into them if I can come up with some yellows. You know it amased me the Confetties only eat about half as much as the rollers! I was kind of worried about getting back into the barn breed because I figured they would be glutons but this bunch at least isn't!

Yes first snow. Hope it dont mount to much. We can always use the moisture, BUT I HATE SNOW. To many years of setting in a saddle in snow and blizard like conditions taking care of cattle in feedlots has made me really appreciate no snow. I will keep my eyes open, bet I can have you a few yellars time you get here later this year.

Yes first snow. Hope it dont mount to much. We can always use the moisture, BUT I HATE SNOW. To many years of setting in a saddle in snow and blizard like conditions taking care of cattle in feedlots has made me really appreciate no snow. I will keep my eyes open, bet I can have you a few yellars time you get here later this year.

Did you ever have any Rostov Tumblers Guy ?

Back
Top Bottom