***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Never needed a bandaid or anything else. Surely that glue would be available thru an online medical supply source.

in an emergency i have used 'new-skin' superglue with antibiotics, actually coral, one of your brahma girls had a bad neck laceration and it was the only way i could take care of it, might look into that- it is about $5 a bottle

Robin, sorry for your loss. A bad infestation of mites can actually kill a chicken, especially if it has been stressed.

so possibly the combination then- i'll really never know, but am alot more ontop of things like that...
hit.gif
he wasn't even 6 months old yet

smile.png

My girls were on tv yesterday with Larry the silkie roo...
I am a super proud mom right now. Lyn Hester the host
once a 4-H'er herself wants the girls to come back more
often and bring different chickens...
Love it?

cool, cool, cool! I think the world would be a better place if more folks had chickens.

Carl...Folks on the d'Anvers breed page tell me the little three-week old blue chick is a Blue Quail roo. He is beginning to show a little rusty red on his shoulders. He is tiny..but Mighty. May have to name him Mighty Mouse..or Mickey. Then I could pair him with a Minnie.

Carl...Folks on the d'Anvers breed page tell me the little three-week old blue chick is a Blue Quail roo. He is beginning to show a little rusty red on his shoulders. He is tiny..but Mighty. May have to name him Mighty Mouse..or Mickey. Then I could pair him with a Minnie.

That is another posibility, Blue quail Jim does have too. I am sorry if he turned out to be a roo but s/he was very young, and D'anver But Blue quail roo over Quail hens is 50% Blue quail and 50% quail.. So what better male to have?

Question
Ginger and Fred have now produced their second egg. Since they have been together since purchased and he has "covered" her, will these first ever eggs be viable? Hubby thinks they may not have a yolk...I think the size is indicative of a good egg.

My first 2 Mille Fleur pullet's first eggs were fertile, had 8 out of 11 hatch. My best rooster was one of them. - that's Karl, the chicken , not Carl the Jarvis.

Question
Ginger and Fred have now produced their second egg. Since they have been together since purchased and he has "covered" her, will these first ever eggs be viable? Hubby thinks they may not have a yolk...I think the size is indicative of a good egg.

Is that the Spangled OE? If so then they are good to go...

Oh, I'm not disappointed at all. He is super friendly! He is the first to run up to my hand when I reach i the tub to change water or add feed to the trays. He steps up on my hand if I hold it still.
SOO CUTE!

Edit to add...yes it's my lovely pair. Ginger has laid two eggs in two days. I may have to make up a doz to bring you by Tuesday...you enabler you.

Last edited:
The bottom of the coop in all hardware cloth and we used welded wire and 1" chicken wire on top of that so we are joining hardware cloth to welded wire and chicken wire, will that still work?
the J-Clips and crimping pliers will work very well for the seams and teh middle where you ahve the wire overlapped. They work great.

My first 2 Mille Fleur pullet's first eggs were fertile, had 8 out of 11 hatch. My best rooster was one of them. - that's Karl, the chicken , not Carl the Jarvis.

MJ,
That is a very very very good example of a Millie Fluer Pattern for any breed, then to add thats a project color on a cochin.. Very well done.

Back
Top Bottom