***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    in an emergency i have used 'new-skin' superglue with antibiotics, actually coral, one of your brahma girls had a bad neck laceration and it was the only way i could take care of it, might look into that- it is about $5 a bottle

so possibly the combination then- i'll really never know, but am alot more ontop of things like that...[​IMG] he wasn't even 6 months old yet

2. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

cool, cool, cool! I think the world would be a better place if more folks had chickens.

3. mjgigax

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

I'm sorry, doesn't seem to get any easier.

4. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Carl...Folks on the d'Anvers breed page tell me the little three-week old blue chick is a Blue Quail roo. He is beginning to show a little rusty red on his shoulders. He is tiny..but Mighty. May have to name him Mighty Mouse..or Mickey. Then I could pair him with a Minnie.
    [​IMG]

5. Cjarvis

Cjarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    That is another posibility, Blue quail Jim does have too. I am sorry if he turned out to be a roo but s/he was very young, and D'anver But Blue quail roo over Quail hens is 50% Blue quail and 50% quail.. So what better male to have?

6. mjgigax

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

My first 2 Mille Fleur pullet's first eggs were fertile, had 8 out of 11 hatch. My best rooster was one of them. - that's Karl, the chicken , not Carl the Jarvis.
    [​IMG]

7. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011

Is that the Spangled OE? If so then they are good to go...

8. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Oh, I'm not disappointed at all. He is super friendly! He is the first to run up to my hand when I reach i the tub to change water or add feed to the trays. He steps up on my hand if I hold it still.
    SOO CUTE!

Edit to add...yes it's my lovely pair. Ginger has laid two eggs in two days. I may have to make up a doz to bring you by Tuesday...you enabler you.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  9. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011
    the J-Clips and crimping pliers will work very well for the seams and teh middle where you ahve the wire overlapped. They work great.

10. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011

MJ,
    That is a very very very good example of a Millie Fluer Pattern for any breed, then to add thats a project color on a cochin.. Very well done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by