***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. bird/wire

bird/wire Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2011
    Ya'll thanks so much! Please call me Kelly, Bird/Wire is much too Formal.

I am quite pleased with my oops paint scheme. That paint is mega-bargain Kelly-Moore 4$ a gallon special!

It honestly has taken so much longer and more work than planned...not to mention $$$....Cowboy you should hear what my DH says about the cost of our eggs...all the while he is also the one who insisted on doing this "right" and making it look "nice" ....[​IMG]

I'm gonna go check out crimping pliers, that sounds like just the ticket. We used 3 kinds of wire, and I think that the clips you are talking about ought to work? The bottom of the coop in all hardware cloth and we used welded wire and 1" chicken wire on top of that so we are joining hardware cloth to welded wire and chicken wire, will that still work?I have overlap, and I have some additional wood planned to go on those seams, mostly to keep kids from getting cut on wire...paint them blue? or dark?

About superglue....MY BIL is a Doc and he said to me recently in a discussion about something else that the tape (steri strips)is better for small cuts, the glue will work better for something that ought to have a stitch and use both if you needed 2 or 3 stitches....IMHO I'd rather use precut strips of tape rather than try to hold/superglue a chicken and not get any feathers in the process...but I generally glue myself anytime I have ever tried to use superglue.......and I think the cheap stuff is chemically the same as the medical grade only medical grade has sterile packaging? I think he told me he might have used regular superglue on himself and animals a few times...I bet you could use it as long as you were careful about contamination.

2. bird/wire

bird/wire Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2011
    jcatblum- My DH is DQ'd from all and I mean ALL yard work for that very same reason. [​IMG]

I'd rather do the manual labor myself than have years of work and growthand planning and patience go down the drain. We've been married for 10 years and he has been off yardwork for the last 8...he also has terrible allergies so I tell him I don't want to see him suffer with them so his pride is saved. [​IMG]

He still has to heft and tote for me though.

3. Poco Pollo

Poco Pollo Vista de Nada Farm

Jun 14, 2009
    Haskell, OK
    I just finished looking up surgical adhesives. Now I know why caponizers don't use them: they're too expensive. A veterinary-grade skin glue runs $11.00 for five applications. Suture needles can be sterilized and reused, and suture material is relatively inexpensive, so that's why folks who want to close the incision opt for sutures rather than skin glue.

4. auctionlover06

auctionlover06 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2010
    Just a reminder there is an auction Sat Feb 11th at Blanchard. This will be the only one in Feb due to the FFA and 4H spring stock show being held on the 25th.

Excepted in will be 2 lots of corrugated tin and sheet metal. The consignor on the sheet metal said it is 3ft wide by 20 ft long, Can not remember how many sheets. The other will be on a 18ft flat bed trailer, do not know much about it.

A pair of cockateels,rabbits,several birds are expected. Hope to keep everthing inside as much as possible to hold the heat in.

The school has kept me very busy this week, Be glad when basketball is over.

Hope to see you all there.

5. upcdayz

upcdayz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Oklahoma
    bird/wire -, er Kelly - nice coop & pen you've made. Your chickens will be proud to call it home.

Robin - so sorry about your roo. He was such a pretty boy. How sad.

Bethinoklahoma - your girls did a great job on their TV premier! I may see you all the TSC. I have to go visit my attorney in Edmond tomorrow and was planning to make a stop at TSC anyway.

Today's been a lazy day for me. Kinda nice to have one of those once in a while. The real estate agent and I visited yesterday. It seem that she and I disagree on the asking price for my house. She's a nice lady but I think her idea of an asking price is way too low - far lower than I had even considered. She agreed to go with my figure but thought it was too high. My thinking is, if it's too high, so that no offers are made, than that gives me room to drop the price without giving the house away.

6. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Upcdayz have you gotten comps from other agents? It would be worth getting a few other comps so you have a good idea of what to expect. Best of luck selling your place!

7. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    sooner, i didnt mean you were that kind of quiet. i meant you were sneaky!

man what a nice day, nobody has been mean to me all day long!
    both eyes are still open, no needles stuck in me anywhere!
    no bumps on the head, no bruises from pointy girl finger pokes

and i dont have cooties! yep been a good day so far..

all i gotta do now is figure out how to get feed from the back of the truck into the building then into the buckets.

of course if i just grab em and run with em i get to take happy medicine! makes for a short evening when i do that.

gonna go see if i can get my feed unloaded, be back later.

8. upcdayz

upcdayz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Oklahoma
    A couple of years ago when I was thinking about selling my house I contacted three different agents and only one of them made any effort to do any research and provide me with a packet of information, or - for that matter - make any follow up phone calls to get my business. The lady that I've been speaking with this time is the one who did. It would probably be in my best interest to go ahead and try to get in touch with a couple more real estate folks, like you said, just for price comparison and for a feel of how the agents market their listings. My feeling with this lady is that she just wants a quick sale with little regard to getting the most money she can, for her client or herself. I think I'll make a few phone calls.

9. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Ginger and Fred are the little OEGB that I bought at the Shawnee Expo. They are from a breeder in Texas. I posted Ginger's picture yesterday. Here is Fred.[​IMG]

10. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Upcdazy...here is an off the cuff comparative....Hubby and I went by a home in MWC to pick up a patio set we bought for our daughter. The lady has her home on the market and said her realtor told her no one was looking at anything over $150 K. This brick home was off SE 59th close to the Boeing plant and Tinker in a really nice neighborhood. Seemed sad that it was only listed at $149.9. She said she listed the home last March 2011.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by