***OKIES in the BYC III ***

So you really were a "cowboy" ! Thats cool. you need to write down as many recolections of things that happened so someone can put them in a book for you. I'm sure it would be a great book!

Did you ever have any Rostov Tumblers Guy ?

No, I have had Lahores for 40 plus years. then on the side, Modenas, racing homers, german beauty homers, frillbacks, rollers, parlor rollers, jacobins, capachines, carriers, Indian Fantails, and probable a half dozen more breeds I cant remember, but none of them.

So you really were a "cowboy" ! Thats cool. you need to write down as many recolections of things that happened so someone can put them in a book for you. I'm sure it would be a great book!

They would have to cut lots of it out Im sure. Yep made my living on top of a horse in 3 states (4 if you count the state of confussion) Living the dream. My own man etc etc etc. I had a horse flip over and broke my back, had to replace 2 disks and have lots of metal in there now. Sat around feeling sorry for myself for a couple years, cause it was tough walking little alone ever think about riding for a living again. I am way past that now. Now I drive by one of those places in the winter or hot summer I ask myself how in the heck did I ever think that was fun. I used to do cowboy poetry years back to. Had a guy wanted to have me make some tapes but it didnt pan out. I did go to a few cowboy poetry gathering back in the day though. Now seems like every other person with a hat is a cowboy poet.

Cowboy if you decide to hatch out more blue NN or want to sell some of their eggs -- would love to get some... DD is really into blue..... Think it is because I have so many RIR & our NN are red, she is after something totally opposite.

We are getting a slow steady rain-- isnt suppose to drop below freezing tonight. Fingers crossed weather isn't too bad for anyone.

Just for those wanting to know at this posting i have 350 birds entered at the N.E.Oklahoma Poultry Show with 150 to go and have had many call about the deadline, it is Saturday the 11th. It looks to be another good show. People still wanting to get an entry form.

I LOVE your coop. I am showing this to my hubby as an idea of what I would like for a chicken coop. We are planning on rebuilding for the 4 hens I currently have, and want to add in two more to make 6 here.

Coming out from lurker status (ya'll are universally informative and funny) to show you the coop we have been working on...

We are taking a break for a minute (3 weeks at least
wink.png
) while this weather blows through before finishing up the final details like sewing all the seams and putting in some more boards! and trimming up the wire and painting more! and moving the swing set and adding door pulls and etc. etc. Plus I cannot take the constant jamming of my air stapler gun...arrgh...someone besides me is going to have to fix it that thing this time! Also I am dreading the seam sewing, any tips/tricks? I am going to trellis the grapevine and wisteria you see behind there all crammed in up and over the end of the coop....cannot tell you the battles it took to keep certain non-gardening people (DH) from "trimming" those up
big_smile.png

Cowboy if you decide to hatch out more blue NN or want to sell some of their eggs -- would love to get some... DD is really into blue..... Think it is because I have so many RIR & our NN are red, she is after something totally opposite.
We are getting a slow steady rain-- isnt suppose to drop below freezing tonight. Fingers crossed weather isn't too bad for anyone.

I will be hatching some all this season. Carl has some eggs in his Incubater now that should be blue. I have more here, and I will keep hatching them along. Like I said, I want to expand with them, and butcher several this year. I will keep her in mind as I get more.

Robin, I got them on BYC fromn a lady named Gloria in GA. Her birds are really pretty but seriously-aren't *all* Faverolles pretty? lol I didn't want to get more than I was willing to keep yet I wanted to get enough in case the hatch rate wasn't good. Shipped eggs are always iffy.
Carl. well that's good news the air sacs look ok then. She had each one wrapped individually in bubble wrap plus what looked like 2 wks worth of newspapers crumpled up in the box. Jackie, this ladies got more if you're interested.
Guy, those NN's crack me up every time I see them!!!

Back
Top Bottom