***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK

2. Poco Pollo

Poco Pollo Vista de Nada Farm

Jun 14, 2009
    Haskell, OK
    Not hard. Glad you thought of it. I need to make a mold so that I can make them hollow. I wonder if I have enough plaster to make a mold that pours three or four at a time.... I'll have to check tomorrow. It's too cold to walk out to the shop; and it's really, really dark.

3. janbcoo1

janbcoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    NE Oklahoma City
    Hello again fellow OKies. Anyone heard from Firefly lately?

4. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Hey! How have you been?? She posted within the past couple days, I saw her about a week ago.

5. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Good morning okies. My but isnt it brisk this morning. Looks like according to what the weatherwunderground says I will be breaking ice and adding water off and on all day. With my Neuropathy in my hands and feet, bitter cold is about all they feel. This is going to be a long day. I wonder what kind of chicken regulations they have in Mexico this time of year. Or maybe at least as far south as South Texas.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  6. michiele

michiele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Broken Arrow, OK
    I am new to chickens - as of last July. (Coral is my enabler!) I currently have 7 hens and 1 rooster, with some chickies coming soon. Mostly a lurker! Anyway, I have 4 chickens laying right now and am getting more eggs than we usually eat. So, I thought I would email my fellow teachers at my school and see if anyone wanted to buy my extras, when I have them. I said they would be $3/dozen. I was shocked by the overwhelming response. My school only has 20 teachers and 10 of them replied to say they wanted some:) Now, I have TONS of customers and only an extra dozen a week:)))) I guess I should have asked MORE for the eggs.

It is funny listening to everyone talk about the eggs. They bring cartoons, some pay in advance, hoping to get moved up on my waiting list:) They were arguing about who should be on the list first, etc! I had NO idea so many people would want the eggs. Now, I feel bad when I eat eggs at home (not really) cause it takes away from the eggs for my waiting customers! Does anyone else experience this?

7. fairwindminishetland

fairwindminishetland Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    That was great thinking! And yes, that's a great audience for folks who might want eggs. Sharing our good eggs is a blessing for both sides! Now, you'll want more hens.

8. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.

Looks to me like you need to add another hen house or two. Yes I have found that lots of people would rather have farm eggs than store bought. I know it is hard for me to hold back eggs to hatch because too many people want them to be eating.

9. fairwindminishetland

fairwindminishetland Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    Does anyone in Okieland know who has good d'Uccles?

10. michiele

michiele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Broken Arrow, OK
    I am getting a few more chicks next week (from my enabler!), but I can only hold a few more in my coop... Do you think I can talk hubby into another coop?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by