***OKIES in the BYC III ***

morning guys!

here is a dilemma- i ordered the brinsea mini bator- holds ten eggs- but the sent me the advance, holds 7 eggs-i emailed them, probably end up paying the diff- but i have eggs being shipped monday(joes eggs...
celebrate.gif
, and a friend is sending me some blue cochin eggs), they won't all fit in the bator- so do i hope my broody will quit playing musical nest boxes? if i put her in a broody pen with the overflo, force her to stay with one nest, would that work?? yes coral a total of 3 of your 4 ee's have gone broody!! you must have a magical touch with your chicks!
If your eggs arrive and you don't have enough space in your incubator (or under your broodies), send me a message. I have about one tray space (40 eggs) empty in the Sportsman right now.
------- --------- ---------- ----------- ------------ -------------- --------- ------------- ------------ -------------
I got an e-mail from a good friend that included a great photo. Will the secret service be after me?

Last edited:
I'm w/ you on 55 being the coldest middle of the night middle of the winter low. But I also need some thawing out 90ish in the summer would be about perfect, and enough rain so that things don't dry out.

How can you wear the backless "little black dress" if it doesn't get above 70'?

black makes me look fat kass, i prefer red or stripes. [vertical, not horizontal!]
idunno.gif

aint that a picture you needed to see this early in the morning, old fat guy with a beard in a backless little black dress!
ep.gif

it will be with you for a week or so now!
lau.gif

I was wondering where sooner had went jus yesterday as well!

Just a note on the small tractor bouncing me all around & being too hard on my body. Yesterday had 2 guys working my garden plot. One was on a 100+hp Deere pulling the plow. Several times I saw the front tires leave the ground, but the driver always looks comfy. Smaller kubota 30-40hp was pulling 2 disc. Poor guy on the kubota was bouncing up & down like he was riding a horse. The bulging disc in my back has me at the chiropractor all the time. Hate to see what it would be like if I pulled a full day on a small tractor!

DH wants me to go drive & drive a few tractors to get a feel for what I like. I told him I would rather see one in the yard with a big red bow & a bouquet of flowers in the seat.... Don't think he was amused. I understand him wanting me to try a few out- a few yrs back he bought me a motorcycle that he had test drove & it was too much for me to lift because of the way it had been lowered-- somehow I am able to lift his big bike, but not this little 650 he bought me! So we sold the 650 when we moved out here. He rode it a couple of times but I never did!

As i let the birds out earlier the goats did not come out of their house, think it is too cold for them still. I need to go do some more chores, but my body isn't ready!

Last edited:
Mitzi,
as of this morning 6 of the SF have emerged from thier eggs. My OE and Rosecomb hatch is complete so I can open the hatcher now, I will be pulling the OE and Rosecombs shortly to go to brooders so If you want to pick these up I will leave the remaining eggs till sunday to see if they hatch.

I was wondering where sooner had went jus yesterday as well!
Just a note on the small tractor bouncing me all around & being too hard on my body. Yesterday had 2 guys working my garden plot. One was on a 100+hp Deere pulling the plow. Several times I saw the front tires leave the ground, but the driver always looks comfy. Smaller kubota 30-40hp was pulling 2 disc. Poor guy on the kubota was bouncing up & down like he was riding a horse. The bulging disc in my back has me at the chiropractor all the time. Hate to see what it would be like if I pulled a full day on a small tractor!

JCat,
you would be surprised teh differences in manufacturers of tractors and what they are being used for will also make a difference. Plowing fresh soil is rough work, discing soil for teh first time is rough as well, tractor weights will make a difference. Some have an air ride seat, some just springs and some are solid mount. Then there is teh difference in tire styles, I have hads Kubota's with field tires that were rough as could be but with a turf tire they were a dream to use. Form and Massey Ferguson for some reason are easier on me than others I have ran, i think it's teh weight of the tractor and seats.

I was hoping it would be warmer today, but there's no sun coming through so I doubt it. What's it supposed to be like at Pryor tomorrow, or is it all indoors?

Mitzi,
as of this morning 6 of the SF have emerged from thier eggs. My OE and Rosecomb hatch is complete so I can open the hatcher now, I will be pulling the OE and Rosecombs shortly to go to brooders so If you want to pick these up I will leave the remaining eggs till sunday to see if they hatch.

Yes! What time?? Sheesh, I've got the one still peeping at me(from inside the egg). There still may be more that hatch since they're due actually today. But yes-I'll come get the ones so far! Tell me when!

Last edited:
Morning all, looks to be another nice day.. Anyone heard from Sooner lately?

I'm around just not much. Several things going that are keeping from hanging out. Also the whole if I don't have anything nice to say.........The site is also annoying me because it isn't getting any faster. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather.

Back
Top Bottom