***OKIES in the BYC III ***

it's my duty!
thumbsup.gif

nah realy if i ever have to do community service for something, somebody better right me a get outa jail free card!
ep.gif

i just help out where and how i can, i aint much help but i am some! i have been there since the first one, and ainta gonna stop now.
old.gif
Cool, Hope to get to meet a lot of people there, that is if you don't throw me out!!!

Kass I ordered grasshopper stuff from planet natural. Not NoLo but works the same way. Semaspore-- still is not here. They shipped it several days after I ordered it. 1 lb does an acre. I know I shouldnt have a problem using the 5 lbs i ordered after last yr! Grasshoppers Plagued my place. If they all reproduced I am going to have a serious fight!

Last edited:
Kass I ordered grasshopper stuff from planet natural. Not NoLo but works the same way. Semaspore-- still is here. They shipped it several days after I ordered it. 1 lb does an acre. I know I shouldnt have a problem using the 5 lbs after last yr! Grasshoppers Plagued my place. If they all reproduced I am going to have a serious fight!

This will be my first year to use it, but I figured this has the makings of a very bad grasshopper year. They were so bad last year w/ the heat and all, and not much of a winter (even so still YAYYYY on that). I didn't get much garden damage from them, but "the stitch in time" addage or "ounce of prevention vs lb of cure"

Afternoon Okies!
I'm not sure if any of ya'll remember me but I was around for a while several years back. Things at that time forced me to abandon my chicken dreams for a while and I drifted away from the forum. I'm back and I have a plan. I've got some storage space that I can turn into a chicken coop/closet and a spot in the back yard I can turn into a run.
Future coop space:
I really want to go to TSC or Atwoods this weekend and pick up some chicks. Really, really, really want to in fact. But I'm trying to hold off as I don't have anything together yet and need to spend some time scrounging up supplies to build my run with (the welded wire is gonna be pricey!).
Anyhow, since I'm lurking again I figured I would actually say "howdy".

The baby chicks would have to stay in a brooder box for a few wks or a month anyway so you might as well get them this weekend. That gives you a few wks to get the coop and run ready. Only over-achievers have the living space ready before they get chicks :)

The baby chicks would have to stay in a brooder box for a few wks or a month anyway so you might as well get them this weekend. That gives you a few wks to get the coop and run ready. Only over-achievers have the living space ready before they get chicks :)

Thinking the exact same thing.

Oh goody on being inside. The older I get the more it seems I need higher temps to not feel freezing. I've been asked if anyone will be there tomorrow selling poultry supplies and such. Since this is my first trip to Pryor????

I didn't know there was anything you could do about grasshoppers other than curse and swat them off your screens they're eating. Thanks for the heads up. I'd have probably looked at you funny too, since you've got a link..........okay, not so crazy.

I picked up the 6 Bantam Faverolles that hatched a day early from Carl-I love these guys, they're precious
love.gif
One isn't doing so well and is gasping, I'm trying to prepare myself for the fact he probably won't make it. Course he's my favorite and has the puffiest cheeks. Here's a picture of one of them. Look at all those toes! 2 of them even have a tiny 6th toe which is pretty cool. Since I don't breed or show I have permission to like those sorts of disqualifications :)

remember, if you are in pryor for the show this weekend, and you see this person, RUN THE OTHER WAY! he isnt realy a bad guy, just gets a little cranky if he doesnt have his nap ! and he aint gettin one today or tomorrow!
remember, if somebody doesnt feed him after breakfast, small children and pets may begin to disappear!

oh and he has been known to bite, so pet him at your own risk.

Back
Top Bottom