***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Robin I ordered disposable fly bag traps from amazon. I plan on hanging a few this weekend. Flys are getting bad around my hoop house & I have seen some by my compost. I am not yet noticing them around the chickens, but all it takes is 1 rain & the fly battle begins!

I will report back in a few wks on how the traps work.

I should have my POOPS shirt on if I can find it, if not look for me biting the ankles of that other guy you should be running from

i'll make sure i wear dirty socks just for you cara,
sickbyc.gif
them musckovies are some nasty ducks, and i always feed barefoot! makes it much easier to wash between my toes.

but they great big ole eggs!

Last edited:
Make a dandy pigeon loft.....
smile.png

Afternoon Okies!

I'm not sure if any of ya'll remember me but I was around for a while several years back. Things at that time forced me to abandon my chicken dreams for a while and I drifted away from the forum. I'm back and I have a plan. I've got some storage space that I can turn into a chicken coop/closet and a spot in the back yard I can turn into a run.

Future coop space:

I really want to go to TSC or Atwoods this weekend and pick up some chicks. Really, really, really want to in fact. But I'm trying to hold off as I don't have anything together yet and need to spend some time scrounging up supplies to build my run with (the welded wire is gonna be pricey!).

Anyhow, since I'm lurking again I figured I would actually say "howdy".

Hiya Everyone!!
frow.gif
Been a long week but made It I'm so glad to have the weekend here LOL

I stopped at the store down the road yesterday on the way to town and the girl working there asked me if I was looking for a dog, I said sort of but was looking to get a Rottie she said well the one outside is a Rottie or a mix anyway, I went and checked him out and he is not full but is good sized and has great markings, I brought him home and showed him the place he chased the ducks into the pond and stopped when I said NO! he wasn't after them just chasing for fun because they ran he did almost the same thing with one of the geese only he was kinda bouncing around it playing cause the goose was after him. He went into the chicken pens with me and didn't look twice at the birds after that, he met the goats and pigs then learned the dog door right off after seeing Princess go through it one time, He seemed to really take to the place, me and the critters so I left him on his own last night and all day while I was at work and he hasn't bothered anything, was waiting in the living room for me when I got home, I was really pleased to say the least that he seems safe with everyone and even Princess is giving her nod of approval and she hasn't taken with any other dogs since Dutchess passed away, While I was writing this he came in gave me a kiss and laid down next to the chair here :) I think he might be at home here, I'll have to take some picture of him soon just to see if he's camera shy LOL

Hiya Everyone!!
frow.gif
Been a long week but made It I'm so glad to have the weekend here LOL

I stopped at the store down the road yesterday on the way to town and the girl working there asked me if I was looking for a dog, I said sort of but was looking to get a Rottie she said well the one outside is a Rottie or a mix anyway, I went and checked him out and he is not full but is good sized and has great markings, I brought him home and showed him the place he chased the ducks into the pond and stopped when I said NO! he wasn't after them just chasing for fun because they ran he did almost the same thing with one of the geese only he was kinda bouncing around it playing cause the goose was after him. He went into the chicken pens with me and didn't look twice at the birds after that, he met the goats and pigs then learned the dog door right off after seeing Princess go through it one time, He seemed to really take to the place, me and the critters so I left him on his own last night and all day while I was at work and he hasn't bothered anything, was waiting in the living room for me when I got home, I was really pleased to say the least that he seems safe with everyone and even Princess is giving her nod of approval and she hasn't taken with any other dogs since Dutchess passed away, While I was writing this he came in gave me a kiss and laid down next to the chair here :) I think he might be at home here, I'll have to take some picture of him soon just to see if he's camera shy LOL
Sounds like you've been chosen.

Hi Folks,

Just so you all know tomorrow is Dr. Seuss' birthday.

All is well in my own little chicken world. Hens are laying over a dozen eggs a day. Yes I have 7 dozen eggs in my fridge as we speak after giving two dozen away to my feed lady today. Guess I will be making a gigantic batch of egg salad this week.
droolin.gif

So I am really jonsing for an auction, but kind of glad we do not have one this weekend because I have a ton of work to do. First and foremost replace the heater core in my truck. Yes I a simple girl is going to do this. Actually I am just thankful my truck is a good old American chevy cause after researching what you have to do to replace the heater cord on most vehicles this is a cake walk.
yesss.gif

Already disconnected the battery and got the dash cover off.

Okay so I am putting this out here, just in case anyone comes across what I am looking for. I am looking for a white and a blue LF cochin rooster, white ameraucana rooster, any LF cochin hens with good leg feathering and white, blue and/or splash ameraucana hens. Going to start separating everyone out into breeding pens this next week. So I just have 4 pens and need to get two more built. Any help attaining birds is always greatly appreciated.

Well everyone it is getting late and I need to head to bed. Hope everyone has a wabulous Friday!!

You may want to ask the Post Office folks if they'd like some eggs....when I went early in the morning to pick up about my third batch of hatching egss, they three ladies that work there all said they sure would like to buy some farm fresh eggs! You may have a built in business....

I picked up the 6 Bantam Faverolles that hatched a day early from Carl-I love these guys, they're precious
love.gif
One isn't doing so well and is gasping, I'm trying to prepare myself for the fact he probably won't make it. Course he's my favorite and has the puffiest cheeks. Here's a picture of one of them. Look at all those toes! 2 of them even have a tiny 6th toe which is pretty cool. Since I don't breed or show I have permission to like those sorts of disqualifications :)

So cute....you must be thrilled....different is all that more special.

Back
Top Bottom