***OKIES in the BYC III ***

So, I am going to share this with you all since my Hubby isnt realy big on chickens (and could honestly care less).

This weekend, my gold sexed link started to lay! I peeked in one her laying in one of my buckets I made, and she made the loudest scariest screach I have ever heard from any chicken!! Honestly scared me a bit at first! But then she calmed down and realized it was me, and let me pet her.... It was the cutest tiny egg ever!

Secondly, My half blind chicken is getting more and more attached to me by the day! Without me I honestly dont think he/she would make it. I have to let it in the house every day for about two hours so it can have some alone time and eat/ drink without getting pecked on (seems how its at the bottom of the pecking order in my flock). It literally comes to me when I hollar its name and leaps into my hands!!! I have never had any chicken do that to me before! It means the world to me! It will cuddle from time to time, but cant really free range on its own because it cant get a good sight on any bugs, which makes me sad. But I know it has a good home with me. I just wish I could tell if its a boy or girl!

but to my conclusion, IT WAS THE BEST $4 I HAVE EVER SPENT!!!
jumpy.gif

So, I am going to share this with you all since my Hubby isnt realy big on chickens (and could honestly care less).

This weekend, my gold sexed link started to lay! I peeked in one her laying in one of my buckets I made, and she made the loudest scariest screach I have ever heard from any chicken!! Honestly scared me a bit at first! But then she calmed down and realized it was me, and let me pet her.... It was the cutest tiny egg ever!

Secondly, My half blind chicken is getting more and more attached to me by the day! Without me I honestly dont think he/she would make it. I have to let it in the house every day for about two hours so it can have some alone time and eat/ drink without getting pecked on (seems how its at the bottom of the pecking order in my flock). It literally comes to me when I hollar its name and leaps into my hands!!! I have never had any chicken do that to me before! It means the world to me! It will cuddle from time to time, but cant really free range on its own because it cant get a good sight on any bugs, which makes me sad. But I know it has a good home with me. I just wish I could tell if its a boy or girl!

but to my conclusion, IT WAS THE BEST $4 I HAVE EVER SPENT!!!
jumpy.gif
That's GREAT!

My husband got the incubator "for me", he "don't care anything about hatching out chickens" but he went and got a thermometer w/ humidity gauge that sets inside the incubator but has a read out unit he has set in the kitchen and if that temp or humidity changes by one, he's telling me all about it!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

My husband got the incubator "for me", he "don't care anything about hatching out chickens" but he went and got a thermometer w/ humidity gauge that sets inside the incubator but has a read out unit he has set in the kitchen and if that temp or humidity changes by one, he's telling me all about it!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
HA! you know he cares about it! Obviously! Thats too sweet!!

lau.gif
lau.gif

gig.gif
Sounds like my husband and my dad as well, for that matter.

emach do you have pics of your half blind chicken to put online so we can help you find out if its a boy or girl? Also I see on the news where down in the Brick town area they are having an outbreak of crickets! We are talkin FREE chicken feed here, anyone have a cordless vacuum and a five gallon bucket with a lid? Might even make some money cleaning the crickets up for shop owners!!! LOL Well it is chore time here and the kids are heading out, I guess I better go supervise!!! Have a good evening all!! Lynn

Didn't have time to jump on yesterday as we were moving a garden bed which entailed not just moving it but rebuilding it, then moving the soil and replanting asparagus that was growing in one end of it. It took ALL day. Of course the chickens were SO helpful in the process as we were moving the bed from their new yard to our new garden location and they discovered early on that we had big fat earthworms and a few grubs that they could munch on when one would pop up. Whoever came up with the phrase "bird brain" did not have chickens.

Anyway here's a couple of new pics of two of our bantam boys. I couldn't get the third one to hold still long enough to snap anything other than a blur.

This is my silkie boy named Sa Kin. His neck and tail feathers are finally growing back out after he was pecked at a couple of months ago. He has his own cage now. I'm just hoping the feathers are grown out enough to enter him in the fair in two weeks. I'll have to wait and see I guess. He's in the turtle pen here, where he loves to wallow in the dirt. The turtles follow him around and he steals food from them. He even took a worm right out of one of their beaks.

And this is Moonshine our honery little ****. He is so comical and so bold though. And he attacks everyone and everything that comes near him, even our big old tom turkeys. However, he never attacks from a frontal position. He growls and runs sideways like a little crab. All of our BR girls just sit on him when he gets too bold with them and hold him down. I guess it's easy to be amused when you have chickens.

Hopefully next spring we can start looking for girls for these guys then maybe they'll all settle down a little.

emach do you have pics of your half blind chicken to put online so we can help you find out if its a boy or girl? Also I see on the news where down in the Brick town area they are having an outbreak of crickets! We are talkin FREE chicken feed here, anyone have a cordless vacuum and a five gallon bucket with a lid? Might even make some money cleaning the crickets up for shop owners!!! LOL Well it is chore time here and the kids are heading out, I guess I better go supervise!!! Have a good evening all!! Lynn
i was totally thinking about that this morning!!! I was looking at all the crickets thinking "Why are these people complaing!? My chickens would LOVE all of these crickets!!!". I even sat there for a second and wondered how I could catch all of them and take them home!! And here is a picture of my baby... Not quite sure on the gender...

Im not sure on a breed either? I think he may just be mixed.

Back
Top Bottom