***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Loving the rain this morning. So far a little over a half inch.

Going out to look over the spaces in the two inside coops to determine where to house some of the outside birds during the three days of below freezing temps. May have to put the bantams back into some cages for a few days. Need to add more pine shavings to the floor and change out some water containers too.

Hope ebveryone has a great day
I'm not sure how much we have had yet but
wee.gif
for the rain !!!!!

just asked my DH he said 1 in
celebrate.gif
in the rain gage

Last edited:
That is truly a superb Stink Eye. There was a thread where you could post funny pics of chicken expressions. I think it was called, "The Definitive Stink Eye".
lol, he was rasied by my OEGB and is kind of wild he won't come near me unless i have a treat

Christina, how scary about your surgery! Could that be tied into how bad you've felt?
McGuyver, I'm so very sorry about your beautiful Charlotte. I know how much you loved her and how happy you were to get her. I've got 2 Cochin frizzle girls but they're in with a Frizzle Cochin boy so I can't risk hatching eggs and getting messed up frizzle feathers.
The cost in money isn't near as high in my mind as the heartbreak of losing some of my favorites. All pets and hobbies cost money like Christina said. It's all a matter of priorities and we all have our own.
Lynn, those FL birds are so pretty!

Ksane: We ought to figure out a way to either test our birds for illness, or coop and observe them for a while, and then do a loaner program. I have a trio of smooth feathered bantam cochins, and if we could do a cock exchange for, like, five weeks, we could hatch out bunches and bunches of frizzled babies!!!! My smooth feather guy over your frizzle girls, and your frizzle guy over my smooth feather girls would make some pretty babies. We could probably fill an incubator with eggs!

i agree Mitzi- for me, they are a great stress reliever, and forces me to get moving and and out there with them- i spend the same amount on feed as i did on cigarettes, and they are alot healthier!

Mitzi I have had what was diagnosed as a complex liver cyst for several yrs. just took multiple doctors to find one that sat & compared all my test & saw how the cyst has changed & grew in 3 yrs. he requested blood test a tumor marker test that came back high & he said it was urgent to do the surgery. Trying my best not to worry about the PET scan. I sure hope things can only improve after the surgery. Monday I go to the rhematoligist & I am curious to see if he thinks my liver contributed to all the pain I have had recently.
The wind kept the birds from playing much today. Imagine they will be very grumpy about the cold tomorrow.

can't rember if i posted this on here before but here gosse

his brother P/C roo2
He has horns like my La Fleche roo

Yea, and what are we going to do with ALL those extra cockerels??? lol

Buster are you going to continue working on a mobile processing unit?

Yes.

Like I said, a few layers, mixed with the occasional 200 or so meat birds for a few weeks, is ideal for us. We are moving from chickens as a business back to chickens for self sufficiency. Although we might still sell meat birds at the farmers market. No eggs, though. No money in that. Nobody wants to pay enough to even cover the cost of feed.

Back
Top Bottom