***OKIES in the BYC III ***

how do you have te sikies housed? i generaly keep mine seperate from the other birds, when they are little i put vitamins in their water, the water dish has marbles in it so they don't drown, little adjustments to help them along- they do require a little different care- if you need immediate help feel free to pm me, if i don't know the answer, i'll point you in the right direction

Evening Okies,

I spent the day grading papers and picking up a new chicken tractor from Todd (Johnouthouse in Tahlequah). I mowed an area big enough to set it up temporarily. I want to get it closer to the barn. That will have to wait until next weekend. I'm picking up a dog house tomorrow. Vesta is going to love her new indestructible house. It's big enough for a goat! I will take some pictures tomorrow, after I figure out which hens get to live in the tractor. Here's a photo of the tractor when it was still in Tahlequah.

Evening Okies,

I spent the day grading papers and picking up a new chicken tractor from Todd (Johnouthouse in Tahlequah). I mowed an area big enough to set it up temporarily. I want to get it closer to the barn. That will have to wait until next weekend. I'm picking up a dog house tomorrow. Vesta is going to love her new indestructible house. It's big enough for a goat! I will take some pictures tomorrow, after I figure out which hens get to live in the tractor. Here's a photo of the tractor when it was still in Tahlequah.

I can hear the chickens at your place all the way over here clucking the melody to "We're moving on up to the eastside........" "to a delux aptment in the sky......."

Last edited:

Happy Mother's Day
to all our OKIE MOMS
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

Happy mothers day. Cherish everday with your mothers as you only have one mom and one life to spend with her .so let her know how wonderful she is.if it wasn't for my mom I wouldn't got my first chicken.

It got really cold here last night and I lost 5 of my babies.... Idk what to do :( maybe I'm not cut out for the shipped baby chicks.... I just feel so bad! Maybe I should look for some older hens/ pullets.... If anyone knows of where I can find some, please let me know! Thanks!

It got really cold here last night and I lost 5 of my babies.... Idk what to do :( maybe I'm not cut out for the shipped baby chicks.... I just feel so bad! Maybe I should look for some older hens/ pullets.... If anyone knows of where I can find some, please let me know! Thanks!

Where are you keeping your babies? My brooders are set up in my kitchen and laundry room. It's a pain in the butt sometimes but they don't get cold at night. I leave them in until they are 4-6 weeks and mostly feathered out. Next year the back porch should be built so I won't have to deal with all the dust inside
big_smile.png

I out 3 more Japanese bantam eggs in the hatcher last night. Hopefully I will have a better hatch rate this time. I changed some things and found out I was getting a false reading on my hygrometer. They eggs looked good when I candled them. Saw movement in 2 and the other looked like it was developing properly. I really want these to hatch, more so than my other birds.

Back
Top Bottom