***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I'm still looking for a non-eating home for Little Man he is rumpless and tufted but small tufts (still carries the genes for it though) bbr araucana. There is nothing wrong w/ him at all, just have to many roos making my girls look a little bare. He is neither bird aggressive nor human aggressive, young, no spurs yet just getting them. He is mature and mounting girls, treat calls, but no dance yet.

If you can seperate her in a pet taxi overnight with no feed or water. Then check her first thing in the morning the crop should be down. If not there is either a blockage to the gizzard or it is early stages of crop impaction which can lead to sour crop.

You can also feel the crop to see if there is a mass in it, if there is massage it firmly, the crop is a muscle after all, to see if you can break it up. The bird will usually just sit there, if it tries to escape don't massage as hard. A little ACV in the water will help as will peeled Tomatos. To peel just place in hot water for about 15 seconds the pop them in a cold water bath, the skin wiil peel very easily then.

Thank you. I kept her separated without food and water last night and her crop is about half the size that it was yesterday, so it's still a little poofy, but much better than yesterday. She pooped a whole lot over night, considering she wasn't eating anything. I am hoping that is a good sign. I will be picking up some tomatoes later today to feed to her. I have also been massaging it several times a day. It doesn't feel hard at all.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for a non-eating home for Little Man he is rumpless and tufted but small tufts (still carries the genes for it though) bbr araucana. There is nothing wrong w/ him at all, just have to many roos making my girls look a little bare. He is neither bird aggressive nor human aggressive, young, no spurs yet just getting them. He is mature and mounting girls, treat calls, but no dance yet.
Really nice bird!

GOLDEN CUCKOO MARAN ROOSTER!

Looking to sell my Golden Cuckoo Roo because my little brother kinda claimed him and wont let me put him on the dinner table. I am trying to breed Rhodebars, and i dont have the funds to build another rooster pen. Right now my hens are getting torn up by my Rhodebar roo because he's just starting to breed them. I had to make a deal with my little brother that if he would let me sell him that he can get the money.. Im just looking to get back some of what i put in on feed and enough to make my little brother happy...

ABOUT THE ROO: My mom hatched him and some others in her classroom last May. So he's approx. 1 year old.. Last time we weighed him he weighed close to 9 pounds. HE IS A BIG BOY! We werent really sure what we were hatching because my mom got a whole mix of eggs at an auction in Shawnee.. They were supposed to be Barred Rocks and only two hatched.. Him and a Cochin.. When i looked around many people said he was a Golden Cuckoo.. and after looking at pictures he is almost an exact match to any google images..

If You are interested please DM me on here and ill let you know more.. i can meet up almost anytime.. But i do live in the OKC metro area..

Here are some pics..

HEY!!!

Stray here, just checking in on all here

Sorry I've been neglectful of people here, but life happened and I have no internet at my apartment

Wanted to let everyone who is familiar with me that Baby Girl was born April 2 and is happy, healthy and completely loved on by everyone.
Her name is Coraline Sage Rodgers and she is the best baby in the area.

((<<<Sister Leslie with Baby girl)))

Well I'll try this again, I just made a post and the page refreshed and it went *poof* I guess LOL

I finally got my phone and internet back on and gave up trying to catch up on here I was just too far behind, I've missed everyone and sure hated missing out on POOPS I'm gonna make an effort to not tlet that happen again,

I have cut back on birds a little (not much) and increased by a couple of dogs LOL I picked up two female Rotties a little over a year old so I'm working with them to be okay around the rest of the critters I have been working on a partial fence to keep them close to the house since I had gotten some knuckleheaded neighbors that were shooting all the time but I got a nice surprise this week getting to watch them move out
wee.gif
It sure is nice and peaceful here now LOL
Well I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and this weather,

Hey Bill, wondered what happened to you! Congrats on the renewed peace.

Stray, Coraline Sage is BEAUTIFUL!

Robyn, glad your hen is better.

CrunchyJeepMama, hope your chick's crop is getting better.

Update on BIL....he Is doing great since the triple bypass surgery.

If you can't find him a home, let me know. I can give him one if needed.

Back
Top Bottom