***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Higher
D.gif

Dusti...hope you made it home okay and every chickie is settled I. For the night.

Have four out and three more pipped....like watching chickie tv.

Thank you. I did. Got 6 super cute EE hens last night. Nice variety of wheaten coloration on them. Can't wait to see them in daylight as one looked to be a buttery yellow and white. One is wheaten with lots of blue. They are coming into their 2nd year so they will add some age variation to my young flock.

My high energy corgi jumped on top of the box my capon splash wheaten marans was in. Boy, did he get a scolding about that. Luckily the little guy didn't get hurt.

My columbian dotte I got from you is quite the character as she chases my calico kitten frequently.

And Uno the guinea was snuggled up between 2 pullets on the top roost last night.

And Coral, so ironic the box the juvie capon male was in! Juvie capon male in a countertop oven box.

So that puts me at 49 pullets/ hens total at this moment (about 5-7 will be going to Kyzmette's eventually). And to think back when I joined this site a year ago I said I just wanted 4-5. And I plan on getting 2 more next weekend. On waiting list for 5 LF faverolles pullets. Going to order 18 chicks from Mr Strawn here soon. Got the legbar eggs in the bator. Will be getting Orloff eggs soon. And have my wish list with Nanakat. And just sitting here waiting for Kass to turn out some nifty bowties.

Before that first ice storm we had this month when it got so terribly cold, we had a Bantam EE go broody. Hmmm....She had two eggs and I ended up putting two more Silkie eggs with her. We really didn't think she could hatch them in all that bad weather. She is in just a small 4 chicken coop. Anyway, as of this morning we have 2 half Bantam EE and half Bantam Welsummer, and 1 full Blue Silkie in our livingroom.
thumbsup.gif
And she is still hatching a half Blue and half White Silkie egg. These are our very first eggs to ever hatch and we are really excited. LOL! The 3 little ones are already eating and drinking and seem to be doing great! Looks like it's going to be a fun day.
Amazing! good little hen
jumpy.gif

So that puts me at 49 pullets/ hens total at this moment (about 5-7 will be going to Kyzmette's eventually). And to think back when I joined this site a year ago I said I just wanted 4-5. And I plan on getting 2 more next weekend. On waiting list for 5 LF faverolles pullets. Going to order 18 chicks from Mr Strawn here soon. Got the legbar eggs in the bator. Will be getting Orloff eggs soon. And have my wish list with Nanakat. And just sitting here waiting for Kass to turn out some nifty bowties.
Oh, the slippery slope of chicken farming. I know it well - was only going to have one, 8"x10", pen.

Back
Top Bottom