***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have 6 acres. Haven't purchased the coop bc I am looking for the best one for my babies. I would like them to be free ranged.
I live up in the Finger Lakes, NY

I can have roosters. My land is considered agriculture. So it's considered a small farm. Which I will be getting some goats.
At this time, I am only thinking of using them for eggs. Love the idea of Turkey's. Do they all get along!

So I have a two month old blue swedish duck (I'm about 90% sure female) and I need to find her a home. She's super hilarious and were all very attached to her. We just can't have ducks (hubby brought her home after I said no!) and she is loud when she starts quaking! So she is free to a GOOD home but I want to bring her to whoever agrees to take her so I can be assured its a good home. I live in Norman and don't want to drive more than 30 minutes. Any takers? I'd hate to put her on Craigslist. I need to do this ASAP so please let me know. And if its a regular poster interested I can always meet you outside of your home. I know there are alot of lurkers that don't post so that's why I added that bit!
I could add her to my flock of ducks, but i'd need her to get a ride-

Quote: Couldn't ask for a better place for ideas though- you might check your state thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/231485/ny-chicken-lover

any birds you freerange will be at risk to some extent, so you'll need to do a little prep on that- then look for breeds that handle cold well, up your way check and see what birds do handle cold - my cochins handle cold better than heat so that would be a good breed, also Jersey Giants would be good, and less prone to beng carried off

I could add her to my flock of ducks, but i'd need her to get a ride-
I think she has found a home with @subhanalah but Ill let you know if plans change!
wink.png

thats fine- they are sweet birds, mine are getting bullied by the muscovies though- am thinking they may need to go, the muscovies
Yea she is sweet, but she's kind of above my silkies and their little pecking order. Its hilarious. And she loves her little pond, all day long, jump in, jump out, run full speed, in again. With a bunch of silkies looking at her like she's nuts! Assuming with their giant crests the silkies can even see her.
gig.gif

Yea she is sweet, but she's kind of above my silkies and their little pecking order. Its hilarious. And she loves her little pond, all day long, jump in, jump out, run full speed, in again. With a bunch of silkies looking at her like she's nuts! Assuming with their giant crests the silkies can even see her. :gig
I just trimmed the feathers around one of my silkie's eyes last night. She's just 8 weeks old but oh my gosh, her eyes were completely obscured, and I don't know about y9u, but I like to see where the birds are looking lol.

I've definitely considered trimming. But oh I love those crests. And I don't worry about predators with my Pyrenees doing laps around the yard. But if the pullet from Bardies crest gets any bigger I may have too. I thought at first she really liked me because she always lets me pick her up. Now I think she maybe doesn't see me coming. :) I shouldn't smile, but it is hilarious.

I've definitely considered trimming. But oh I love those crests. And I don't worry about predators with my Pyrenees doing laps around the yard. But if the pullet from Bardies crest gets any bigger I may have too. I thought at first she really liked me because she always lets me pick her up. Now I think she maybe doesn't see me coming. :) I shouldn't smile, but it is hilarious.
yeah, I felt bad when I just stood above a silkie and picked it up...it was in the act of fleeing.....

Back
Top Bottom