***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Sure, if you haven't already purchased your cutlery! I'm sure if we need to make a run to town to get anything last minute we'll be able to do that.
thumbsup.gif
Going to the store this morning that's why I asked. I will bring a big package of cups and a sharpie so people can write their names on the cups!

So I have a two month old blue swedish duck (I'm about 90% sure female) and I need to find her a home. She's super hilarious and were all very attached to her. We just can't have ducks (hubby brought her home after I said no!) and she is loud when she starts quaking! So she is free to a GOOD home but I want to bring her to whoever agrees to take her so I can be assured its a good home. I live in Norman and don't want to drive more than 30 minutes. Any takers? I'd hate to put her on Craigslist. I need to do this ASAP so please let me know. And if its a regular poster interested I can always meet you outside of your home. I know there are alot of lurkers that don't post so that's why I added that bit!

You can bring him, I am sure we can find a home for him.

I have almost 200 chicks now so I don't really need him back but I don't want you get thrown in jail over rooster violations. /img/smilies/tongue2.gif

Hi, new to this. But looking to start my own backyard family. Doing my research first. What is an idea amount of chic's should I start with?

:woot Let me ask @Ksane
 if she can deliver when she goes up there next week….I think thats what she told me. Would you mind waiting until then? I can send payment through paypal if that works for you?

I am at your service if Kyz can get her to Coweta next Saturday :)

How many eggs do you want a day? (Example: I have 5 hens laying right now and get about 3 eggs a day.)

Do you live in an area with any restrictions? (Some cities will not allow roosters.)

Do you want eggs and/or meat?

Many of us just started with small flocks and then things kind of go from there. I personally started my current flock last year with 10 birds. I lost some to heat, neighbors dog and some suddenly without signs of any illness or injury. I'm now down to five hens and one rooster, then I hatched out their chicks in April, then I bought two turkeys, then I hatched out guineas and finally I have lovely dark egg layers in the incubator right now.

A clear goal will allow you a lovely starting point to begin your chicken adventures.

Back
Top Bottom