***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Was watching the news just now, and the Sassy Momma had a recipe on there with ground chicken (Asian chicken lettuce wraps). We have a meat grinder. Has anyone tried grinding their chicken meat? I'm wondering if older birds could be used this way. Wouldn't it be like uber-tenderizing it? I'm actually very excited about this possibility...please tell me it would work and not be like chewing bits of rubber.

Was watching the news just now, and the Sassy Momma had a recipe on there with ground chicken (Asian chicken lettuce wraps). We have a meat grinder. Has anyone tried grinding their chicken meat? I'm wondering if older birds could be used this way. Wouldn't it be like uber-tenderizing it? I'm actually very excited about this possibility...please tell me it would work and not be like chewing bits of rubber.

I don't see why not.

It is SO amazing! BTW at first glance I was trying to make it into a bird... took me some studying to see the real picture! It's brilliant!

Last edited:
Update, on the saga of my visiting chickens.
The neighbors all deny knowing anything about them. I even went to a couple of the neighbors whom I believed were the most likely owners/keepers, when I knew the birds were not at my place, to see if I saw them at one of the neighbors' houses.
So, I decided I would try to capture them, in a catching net that I have. Oh, no!!! Not these little speed demons. I took a good spill on icy ground, but, fortunately, was not hurt (other than pride, and a bit of stiffness).
I just have to get some help, and my best buddy, for the job, is working up in Nowata, and has to commute there, daily. From the south end of Lake Tenkiller, that's a heck of a commute.
In the mean time, I keep trying to trap them using their instincts, as my tool. At night, as I put my birds up, I have been moving them around a bit, and getting one coop, ready for the new birds. I have been slowly introducing my meat bird capons, into the coop with the laying flock. 5 more to go, then I'll clean out their current coop, and get it ready, for the new birds, that I hope to simply trap, in that coop. I know that they tend to come in, from the north, so, every night, I've been putting out treats, near to what will be their new coop. A little bit closer, every day. Once all of the capons are moved out, and the coop has been well cleaned, and given new litter, then I'll move the treats even closer to the coop. Eventually, putting the treats IN that coop. Then, when I see them in there, I have a rope system set up, that I can close that gate, from about 65 feet away. I hope that this will work, so that I don't have to ask my very busy friend, to help me capture them..
Since everyone denies ownership, I am pretty certain that what I have, in those three, is a dad, mom, and son. One of the roosters has spurs, and the yellowing is all but gone, from his legs. The hen is a Spanish Basque (likely mixed), very light beige in color. The second roo, looks nearly identical to the first, except that he has very yellow shanks, no spurs, and only two sickle feathers. They all act like they look out for each other. I would expect the two roosters to be fighting, or challenging each other, but, I see none of that. Only cooperation between them. Those two New Hampshire Red roos, are just too cooperative.
Anyway, I'll update y'all more, when I know more.
instead of chasing them, what if you set up a little coop or corner with food and all- and see if they will learn it as home?

It is so awesome. I don't see how Gary saw a watering can. I had to sit away from it to see what it was. Just amazing talent. I think this is one of my favorites. And I really liked the heavy kitchen curtains w/ the design. Do you have patterns?

Usually I have some form of pattern or layout, but sometimes it is just in my head. This one I purchased the pattern from a PP designer. I have made a few PP designs of my own, but nothing this intricate yet.

Back
Top Bottom