***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by millbrookfarm

Just wanted to say that I joined and subscribed.

Wanting to
welcome-byc.gif
here on the Okie site.

Hi! Welcome! Where do you live? Do you have chickens? What kind? How many? Do you have other animals? Dogs? Goats? Tell all...

Around Tulsa, I do have chickens - six hens one rooster (technically speaking they are purebred Atwoods but most likely 2 black sex sink hens, 2 RIR hens, one barred rock hen and one bantam mix hen, 1 RIR rooster) and eight chicks (3 naked necks, 2 bantams, 1 buff orp pellet, 1 black sex link pellet and 1 white pellet) 2 dogs 1 Aussie and 1 pit-mix; 1 guinea pig

Wanting to
welcome-byc.gif
here on the Okie site.

welcome-byc.gif
@millbrookfarm glad to have you share in the Okie thread.
Thanks guys

I just had a little extra time, and wanted to post a couple of photos of my new babies. All offspring of my chickens. Some Aracaunas, some Australorps, some RIR's the rest just barnyard mix, I believe.
I still can't afford an incubator, but, a friend and neighbor, who I bought my three Australorps, and all of my guineas from, agreed to hatch them out, for me, in his incubator. I took him 56 eggs, he did 48 in one incubator and the other 8 in a second incubator, with another of his 40 eggs. Of the 48, we got 44 good hatches. I haven't really gotten around to inventorying how many of each, I have, but I do have 44 of the cutest little buggers, this side of the Red River.

Hey all it's been a long time! Hope all my Okie friends are well. I'm still in Tennessee. Although I will be traveling back to visit sick folks this week . Keep your fingers crossed that the roads are clear. It's supposed to snow six inches the day after we leave here! I got a good deal on Craigslist over the weekend. Got two Rhode island and tree production red point of lay he's for free! They join my trio of mixed bantams. The bantams are really neat. Their body and feathering look like phenoix but they are millefleurs colored! Am looking forward to the trip. Will be picking up some roller pigeons in Pocola on the way.nice to be back on here although I don t know very many. But of course I am tickled that Nanakat and Robin are still here. And Miss Betsy too.

Hey all it's been a long time! Hope all my Okie friends are well. I'm still in Tennessee. Although I will be traveling back to visit sick folks this week . Keep your fingers crossed that the roads are clear. It's supposed to snow six inches the day after we leave here! I got a good deal on Craigslist over the weekend. Got two Rhode island and tree production red point of lay he's for free! They join my trio of mixed bantams. The bantams are really neat. Their body and feathering look like phenoix but they are millefleurs colored! Am looking forward to the trip. Will be picking up some roller pigeons in Pocola on the way.nice to be back on here although I don t know very many. But of course I am tickled that Nanakat and Robin are still here. And Miss Betsy too.

Woohoo!! the world is right again! Doodle! Good to see you here! Yep, still here, don't post that often, but if you ever need anything, pm me!

celebrate.gif
ep.gif

Does anyone know the genetic makeup of Isbar eggs? I mean, obviously they are green. But would a breeding with a Marans guarantee an Olive Egger? While waiting for my Isbar boy, I put my little Isbar lady in with El Jefe (Blue Copper Marans). Three weeks later, I'm setting her eggs. Just curious what she'll throw as an egg gene. I set a few of hers while she was in general pop...actually think my very young cochin mated with her...lighter green eggs?

My Orpingtons and Barnevelders need to pick up on their laying. I'm clearly resorting to setting whatever I have "just to see."

Back
Top Bottom