***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Sorry... stuck on stupid. 1/2 teaspoon = 5 grams, so 5 x 370 = 1850 mg

-Kathy

1 tablespoon = 15 grams
1 teaspoon (1/3 of a tablespoon) = 5 grams
1/2 teaspoon = 2.5 grams

2.5 gram x 370 mg medicine = 925 mg of medicine (not exact b/c to get to the 370 mg we fudged on some of the numbers rounding up and down to make math easier) so a scant 1/2 teaspoon

Quote: I need you to keep me honest, lol. you are correct.
bow.gif

-Kathy

one gram of t either powder is the same, but the density might not be.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Not nessicarily depending on the weight of the fillers and the medicine. 1 lb of feathers weighs the same as 1 lb of bricks, however 1 teaspoon of feathers does not weigh the same as 1 teaspoon of bricks.

Okay, so if someone wants to use this then it's as follows:

800 mg dose - 1/2 teaspoon per gallon
400 mg dose - 1/4 teaspoon per gallon
200 mg dose - 1/8 teaspoon per gallon

Did I do that right?

-Kathy

I believe so

edit to add, based on 15 grams for 1 tablespoon

Last edited:
Just when you think you got it, you find this:

is the same as this, which is on the last page of the Durvet page, but it has no dosing info:

The above powders are 75% oxytetracyline, I think!

-Kathy

Last edited:
Hey, OklaDoodleDoo...here are some of the flowers you should soon see fromsome of those seed: Old Fashioned fragrant Petunia ..just one of the colors Yankee Doodle Larkspur [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Pink Carnation Poppy Purple Carnation Poppy [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Red Carnation Poppy...I think it is my favorite.
If you're giving out seeds could you put me on the list for some carnation poppies? They are beautiful!!

Last edited:
This is the product of a barred hen, and a black copper Marans rooster, and that should, with ZERO DOUBT, mean that this is a black sex link hen. While until very recently, it has completely appeared to be a hen, it was showing some "rooster-ish" behavior. Crowing, fighting roosters and copulating hens and pullets. I really figured I just had a hen with a gender identity "issue" and wasn't too concerned. But, one day, my biggest, most aggressive rooster, got access to "her" and the chase was on. Only, when the chase ended, it didn't end in copulation, it ended in a vicious attack. I thought this one was a goner. I got there in time to break it up, got them separated, and after a while, this one came limping back. Mind you, this one is MAYBE 3#. The Speckled Sussex rooster that did the attacking, is maybe 10-12 pounds. I was not sure this one would make it, so I've watched closely, for the ensuing weeks. In that time, I've seen the saddle feathers become sharp and pronounced, the sickle feathers are becoming much more "rooster-like" and the assertiveness with the hens, has stepped up, ten-fold.
I'm pretty sure I have a rooster. okay, that's fine. I'm happy with the bird. I'm just confused. Maybe I'm wrong. What do y'all say?
Hen?
Rooster?
Gender nonspecific?

Looks like a rooster to me.

Back
Top Bottom