***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Haven't been on in a bit--had several pages to catch up on.  Anyone going to the Canadian Valley Poultry Show in Norman, February 6?  Their show is fairly new, but they do a really good job.  Hope to see some of you there.

I was planning on coming.

We are hoping to come also...depends on a heifer in the lot....sometimes they show signs of calving two weeks before they pop. :lau

We have one new calf this week, a cow with a sore foot and another due heifer in the lot. Two older cows in the back pasture are ready to calve. Sure glad this next week will be nicer.

Eggs under broody bantam hens are beginning to hatch. One little hen has two tinies right now with a few more pips. Won't candle the test eggs until Sunday...hoping to see development.

Headed out this morning for another doctor appointment.

The tufted chick probably has a Crested Cream Legbar father. The brown chick probably has a Cream Brabanter father. Skitzo looks like a Creole Penedesenca.

The tufted ones I KNOW are both boys, the Brabanter ones I think are both boys, one I know is the other one's comb is significantly smaller, but the feather color / pattern is identical to the known boy so pretty much assume is a boy too. The tiny one that didn't get posted (I didn't get a good pic of her) could be a boy but for now am assuming is a girl, she I know is Penedesenca b/c she came out of one of those big dark brown eggs, it always amazes me she came out of the biggest egg and she is about 1/2 the other's size, and had been almost since hatch. That broody has been such a good mom, thanks so much for the eggs so she could hatch them. I now have my fertility issues resolved and am getting fertile eggs again.

https://www.facebook.com/buildnatur...782289512603/1095803723777117/?type=3&theater

Thought you'all would find this cool and funny LOL

Hope everyone is having a great week
frow.gif

Back from the doctor sporting a new brace...

Get to wear this for the next month and also getting an MRI before seeing the orthopedic again...tendinitis in the tibial tendon where it attached to the arch in my foot...hopefully I don't have any fraying.

Back
Top Bottom