***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Okie wind braided!
lau.gif
When he heard the Tornado Siren blowing at noon yesterday, DH said, "Listen to the song of the Oklahoma people."

Hi everyone!

I'm new to BYC and to chickens in general. Been thinking about it for a while. Finally decided to take the plunge and brought home a Silver Laced Wyandotte yesterday and then an Ameraucana and a Brown Leghorn today. The SLW is 5 days old and the other two are both 2 days old. Also decided to jump into gardening with very little experience - maybe this is my mid-life crisis? I'm okay with that, lol.

I love hearing everyone's advice, funny stories and quirky pet names. Feel free to message :)

Thanx!

Welcome!!! I'm new to Oklahoma, but have been raising chickens for a few years. It is addictive. I started with 10 buff orpingtons that a friend gave me and by the next year, I had 75. As for a mid-life crises, I'll say at least you're having a productive one! It's only bad if you start tatooing your chicken's names on your arm.
1f604.png

Heehee! I've got five big girls! Thaatgurl is the one with babes! Mine are all a year+ in age. But I'm waaay in Poteau!

I do have several roosters at several ages.

I hatched some white chicks from my Chocolate Cuckoo orpington pen!

Ohhh...that sounds interesting! I candled your eggs yesterday. I removed one of each variety...the rest appear to be thriving.

One of my Cochin hens has gone broody. I moved her to a brood cage and gave her 10 eggs to hatch. There is an incubator hatch due the same day so there will be plenty of chicks....

Back
Top Bottom