***OKIES in the BYC III ***

The wind doesn't always blow like this in Oklahoma.
Sometimes it comes from the north.

Yes, then it is much colder.
lau.gif

I just left south of Houston. I was wanting those 60's for the low when I came back. It was warmer than that when I left but I was gone for 4 wks.

I just left south of Houston. I was wanting those 60's for the low when I came back. It was warmer than that when I left but I was gone for 4 wks.

I don't miss the heat and humidity for anything. 60s as a low is nice weather for down there! Still too warm for me! Third generation Houstonian and I never learned to like it there.

Any one with experience in hatching goose eggs?

We found an "Accident" in one of our cow pair pastures...a Canadian goose egg. There are several pairs that frequent our ponds, but none have a nest nearby...especially not in a pasture with 30 curious rambunctious young calves.

If I can hatch it, I'm hoping Lucy and Goosey, the Canadian pair, will adopt an orphan. They frequent a feeder near our barn. While Lucy nests across the road, they bring their goslings to our farm to raise. We have numerous ponds and pasture they prefer.

I'm wondering if I could slip it under one of the broody hens to incubate it or need advice on incubator settings. I have a Hovabator I could use.

Nana it may work under a broody hen. I think they just need another degree wa.rmer and a little longer to hatch. If the hen stays on it long enough it should work.
Most water fowl needs a little more humidity as well

Back
Top Bottom