***OKIES in the BYC III ***

During spring break we will be in SE Oklahoma looking at land plots to buy for an eventual homestead. I know it's not chicken related, but I'm getting excited. The places we're looking at are undeveloped, mountain land, so it will take a lot of work, planning, and probably at least a couple of years to get it ready to move in permanently. We're looking to get between 10 and 20 acres. It will be nice to make an escape from the metro.

That's great. Hope it all works out for you. I'm trying to get a little more land while making my couple of acres homestead more efficient. I want more land for more cattle. Less work on the road more time at home with family and farm.

Whoo boy! I'm standing here cooking breakfast for the kiddos and my girls' eggs are getting really fishy smelling, or maybe it's more like a sweaty kind of funk. I just found out it's probably from all of the spring weeds I've been feeding them because it makes the omegas higher in the eggs, and apparently omegas smell like fish. I just hope no one else notices, because I have fish haters in my house. I don't mind it myself, but it is pretty pungent! Phew!

That could be a real bummer exspecially if they taste fishy. I have cow/goat milk that came after some bitter weed and it went to the hogs.

I live in OKC and am down to one lovely red sex link. She is 2 years old. Her sisters have all been killed by various varmints, and we don't want her to be alone but we don't want to add to our flock anymore. Is anyone in OK open to taking her on? We don't feel right making her a flock of 1
1f622.png

Sure hope those in the fire areas are safe!
Too bad the rains were not there. We got 1/2 inch and significant hail. Spotters saw a lowering over I-40.
Will check my garden in daylight. May need to replant cabbage and lettuce.

Sure hope those in the fire areas are safe!
Too bad the rains were not there. We got 1/2 inch and significant hail. Spotters saw a lowering over I-40.
Will check my garden in daylight. May need to replant cabbage and lettuce.

Smoke and ash started rolling in on the wind change last night, I'm about 50 miles from the nearest fires but think this may have come off the fires in the Texas panhandle looking at the radar last night.

A lot of range land where the fires are burning and little farm ground to break it up when a fire gets started.

Back
Top Bottom