***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Anyone looking for a pair of adult Chinese Geese? My sister lives in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma in a subdivision by a small lake, and a pair of geese appeared and has been terrorizing the playground there. LOL. Since they showed up so suddenly, guessing they were dumped. My sister runs from them and laughs about it, but mentioned a guy with a lot of hunting trophies in his garage was looking pretty upset at their antics! So they could potentially be in danger soon, if they don't stop chasing kids and trying to eat people's toes. Ha ha. So if anyone wants to take them, pretty sure nobody would be mad about it. Send me a PM if you are interested and I can let you know if they are still there and the name of the park. Thanks!

Geese can be truly scary to kids and adults alike. Two kinds of poultry I won't mess with are geese and guineas. I was scarred for life as a child being chased and attacked by those two species. Not worth it for me. Oh, and even though they aren't poultry, emu and ostriches are out. Bad experiences at Arbuckle Wilderness sealed that deal. Lol! At any rate, I hope you find them a home soon. Otherwise, I'm sure someone will be calling animal control to have them removed.

Found a chick under one of my broody hens that had its shell crushed and partially shrink wrapped in the membrane....two days early for the hatch date. The chick was alive and way too sticky from yolk. Took it out, cleaned it up, gave it Nutridrench and put it in a container in the bottom of my cabinet incubator after showing it where its water cup was. Just checked on it...didn't think it would survive. It has fluffed up, is standing and cheeping this morning!!

Yesterday, I set 38 chicken eggs and 8 duck eggs. Set 8 Serama eggs under a broody Bantam.
Put two hens on the ground with their chicks. A Bantam hen has three Serama babies and a laying hen has two chicks. Three more broody laying hens have hatches this week and 3 Bantam hens will hatch their clutches next week....Spring has Sprung!

20 calves on the ground now.

Last edited:
Set 53 Millie Fleur D'Uccle eggs Monday evening. Need to get some more in before the wife finds out how many I set.

Wanted to go to the poultry sale at Hydro Saturday but looks like I'll be loading hay out.

We just got two chickens, one of a Rhode Island Red and the other the guy wasn't really sure what she was, she's black with a few reddish feathers on her neck. He said that they are about a year old. These are our first chickens. They aren't laying everyday, we have had them a week know and have gotten 5 eggs. The past two days we haven't gotten any eggs at all. It is normal for them to not lay for a few day?

Found a chick under one of my broody hens that had its shell crushed and partially shrink wrapped in the membrane....two days early for the hatch date. The chick was alive and way too sticky from yolk. Took it out, cleaned it up, gave it Nutridrench and put it in a container in the bottom of my cabinet incubator after showing it where its water cup was. Just checked on it...didn't think it would survive. It has fluffed up, is standing and cheeping this morning!!

Yesterday, I set 38 chicken eggs and 8 duck eggs. Set 8 Serama eggs under a broody Bantam.
Put two hens on the ground with their chicks. A Bantam hen has three Serama babies and a laying hen has two chicks. Three more broody laying hens have hatches this week and 3 Bantam hens will hatch their clutches next week....Spring has Sprung!

20 calves on the ground now.
jumpy.gif
Go little chickie!!!

We just got two chickens, one of a Rhode Island Red and the other the guy wasn't really sure what she was, she's black with a few reddish feathers on her neck. He said that they are about a year old. These are our first chickens. They aren't laying everyday, we have had them a week know and have gotten 5 eggs. The past two days we haven't gotten any eggs at all. It is normal for them to not lay for a few day?
Moving to a new location is stressful on them it will interfere w/ their laying. Also not all hens, not all breeds lay daily even in high lay times like spring

Hello everyone.

I'm a 2 week owner of some chickens, and really only became one because a friend of mine had to move and couldn't bring his chickens and ducks with him.

So now I've got them, ostensibly for the purpose of collecting their eggs. But only one so far has laid, and she's nearly daily. The others, while not giving me the eggs I want, have still proven to be a fun source of entertainment and joy for my family and me.

This is a fun new adventure that I have embarked on, and am very much enjoying reading through all of these posts for tips and general information.

Keep it up, and thank you for being an active resource in all things chicken.

Oh yeah, I live in Walters

Back
Top Bottom