***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have 2 pair. My old pair is at home the others are in my camper for work. My old ones have holes in them that make me still watch were I was stepping today. They are now good mud boots not for standing water.

The chicks are 8 weeks now and getting some free time in the chicken yard. They aren’t happy today because I kept them in the temporary run attached to the grow out coop due to the storms. I’ve expanded the enclosure as this rain has the coop expansion on hold and the smaller coop is the only one that is secure at the moment. I need it to dry up but I doubt I’m the only one with that need. I’ve already got one of the breeding pens ready if I need To separate a few. I’m really just trying not to have to fill 5-6 separate waterers and feeders a day.

I may have to rethink the free ranging of the Andalusians, they can fly better than any chicken I’ve ever had. I have visions of retrieving them from the neighbors property often.

One of the little roosters has started to try to crow. It sounds just like a little kid mimicking a crow and makes me laugh every time I hear it.

My trio of Lakenvelders turned into the Devils Three-way of Lakenvelders. Both boys are scheduled for caponization.

On the next nice day I’m going to try to be the crazy chicken person and get some flock pictures.

Last edited:
How is everyone in Eastern OK. I know I had to be very selective on how to get home yesterday. Taking I-44 instead of Hwy 169N then calling neighbors to get an open route. And not sure if that road is worse this morning. I'm not under water like some just a bunch of the roads.

And more rain coming tonight.:hit:eek::mad::oops:

23" in a 30 day run. I don't know if anybody uses rat/mouse poison but now (weeks ago) is the time to set some out along with ant bait stations and hope the chickens are getting the other little bugs that are looking for higher ground.

Hello Okie friends. Bea couple years since I have been on here. Just wanted to say hey nd at we are praying for all of you and the terrible weather woes lately. You have really caught hell lately. and our news said tonight more is expected.
I am still in Tn. Still wanting to be back there! lol My daughter and rest of family are there. I am raiseing Tradtional Seramas now. Although I do have a few other breed pullet chicks on hand. Who can turn down spring chicks! A recent addition has been two indian runners(both turned out to be males!) and four buff orpington ducks. They are to young to sex yet.
Special shout to NanaKat! So glad to see you still on here. Hope you are doing well and dry soon.

Hello Okie friends. Bea couple years since I have been on here. Just wanted to say hey nd at we are praying for all of you and the terrible weather woes lately. You have really caught hell lately. and our news said tonight more is expected.
I am still in Tn. Still wanting to be back there! lol My daughter and rest of family are there. I am raiseing Tradtional Seramas now. Although I do have a few other breed pullet chicks on hand. Who can turn down spring chicks! A recent addition has been two indian runners(both turned out to be males!) and four buff orpington ducks. They are to young to sex yet.
Special shout to NanaKat! So glad to see you still on here. Hope you are doing well and dry soon.
Thanks for the prayers! Historic flooding in my area (North Central OK) with more on the way:barnie

Hope everyone is drying out. We missed most of today’s rain thankfully. I may have to bale the front yard if the grass gets any taller. I’m hoping that it’s dry enough this weekend before the rain starts up again to get some work done.

I’m unusually excited about my roosters with the new flock. I ended up with 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Phoenix, and 2 Lakenvelder cockerels. McMurray was 100% with the Andalusians and there’s an Ameraucana that has a roosterish look about it but I’m still I’m the fence about it’s sex. Not bad for a 60 chick sexed order. I’ve got a Phoenix hen and a Lakenvelder hen that I’ll breed. So right now I only have the one surplus Lakenvelder cockerel. I’m debating caponization but that’s a lot of work for 1 bird. I suppose I could just let him be as my rooster to hen ratio is fine.

The Bantams show up this Wednesday :woot

Back
Top Bottom