***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Worked in the garden today, planting out a fall garden, it was so nice to work w/ sweating and feeling like I'm about to have a heat stroke, and this from a heat lover! I didn't get it finished, hope to finish it up tomorrow. News said tomorrow's high is going to be 78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frow.gif

57 degrees! yes!!! i can get stuff done!

my fav time of year, fall!!

Quote:
the cooler weather feels great, makes it a little tougher to get the birds washed and ready, guess they will just dry slower.

What's everyone elses plans for the day?

What a beautiful morning! It's windy here, but the temperature is worthy of paradise.

Thanks for the sewing machine info. My mom had a Singer treadle machine when I was about eight years old. It sewed straight stitches and never tangled. What I wouldn't give now to have that machine. She sold it when we moved to Michigan. I guess it was just too big to transport. My Kenmore 10 Stitch is more than 30 years old. I saved baby sitting money to buy it. It's been a good little machine, but it's just worn out. I have to adjust stitch settings and monitor the tension too often, which makes sewing a chore rather than a pleasure. I'm looking for a machine that requires a minimum of maintenance, sews on multiple thicknesses of fabric without complaining, has a few options for button holes, and costs less than four hundred dollars.

Quote:
Went out to check on all the birds this morning they are all puffed up, at least those that have feathers on them, i think this is a real shock to thier systems. I have young birds that have never seen these temps and hope they do well with it.

Quote:
the cooler weather feels great, makes it a little tougher to get the birds washed and ready, guess they will just dry slower.

What's everyone elses plans for the day?

Why are you batheing the birds today...

Back
Top Bottom