***OKIES in the BYC III ***

My sympathies to the ones with sick loved ones and also to all of those who have lost birds.
I have noticed a lot of crows around our area lately. I have started feeding my chickens inside of their coops to hopefully deter any crows hanging around in the pens.
I have learned a lot today reading posts about different kinds of medicines to use for different ailments. We sure have a lot of knowledgeable people here on the Okie thread!

I posted this on it's own thread but copied it here as well. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

I have a Lavender Orpington roo that I am wanting to cross with my Lavender Ameracuana hens. The hens have beautiful lacing large muffs, large beards and are nearly as large as the roo himself. My question is, with this cross, can I expect a 50/50 ratio on whether the chicks will have muffs/beards and lacing?

The Shawnee show is next Weekend at the Shawnee Expo Center Dec 7-9. Friday is coop in, Saturday the Show and Sunday is awards and coop out. Coop out is always over fast.

Last year a bunch of us got together to eat at Abuelita's Mexican restaurant on Hwy 177 close to the Expo Center.
We probably had close to 30 show up for lunch on Saturday.
Al will be coming and asked if we were going to do that again.
Is there some interest? We can set a time and show up like we did last year.

The Shawnee show is next Weekend at the Shawnee Expo Center Dec 7-9. Friday is coop in, Saturday the Show and Sunday is awards and coop out. Coop out is always over fast.

Last year a bunch of us got together to eat at Abuelita's Mexican restaurant on Hwy 177 close to the Expo Center.
We probably had close to 30 show up for lunch on Saturday.
Al will be coming and asked if we were going to do that again.
Is there some interest? We can set a time and show up like we did last year.
thumbsup.gif
Count us in (2)

Late morning to everyone,

We didn't get much sleep last night. Grand baby number five arrived early, and she's having difficulty breathing. She's in NICU on a CPAP machine. I think she's receiving antibiotics as well, since the doctors suspect pneumonia. The lab is still working on the culture, so the pneumonia is not confirmed.

Sorry to hear about illness in flocks this time of year. Strange weather, uncommonly warm for this time of year, may be contributing.
How is little Kendall doing?

How is little Kendall doing?
Kendall is still on a CPAP machine. The doctor has been able to lower the oxygen level. Kendall is on antibiotics as the lab is still working on the culture. A new chest X-ray will be done soon. The first was unclear (particles on the film/error in developing). Doc wants to be sure he's looking at something real rather than a flaw in the film or processing.

Our daughter sends her thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It's been a rough few days.

I just received a call from our daughter. The doctors have confirmed that baby Kendall has pneumonia (severe case) and will be on a ten-day regimen of antibiotics. We're praying that's the worst of it.

Thank you, everyone. Knowing others are thinking happy thoughts for Kendall and her family helps.

First time AnnaBell and I have been to show, what time is coop in?
I have two herinated disk and I am in some super pain so I will be at
the show with a chair for sure.
:eek:)

I just received a call from our daughter. The doctors have confirmed that baby Kendall has pneumonia (severe case) and will be on a ten-day regimen of antibiotics. We're praying that's the worst of it.

Thank you, everyone. Knowing others are thinking happy thoughts for Kendall and her family helps.
Glad she is holding her own and you have a dx that is fixable.

Back
Top Bottom