***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey Donnie those goats are so cute! wish I was back there I would take them. Don't see many with the red color.

Did anyone make it to the Green Country poultry show sat? Hope they had a good turn out.

i would so take that nn roo and give him a home with some girls if i was able to pick him up , unless there is a chicken train coming this way lol ...

on the goats , its weird not all fainting goats will faint , i thought was crazy , and some faint more than others , this buck doesnt faint but his mother did alot , the doe she faints but has been roped by little boys and played with as a pet so much its not often unless you can actually spooke her lol , the back door was open and wind blew it against trailer and it caught her off guard , and she jumped and fainted and the way she landed i thought she killed herself cause i couldnt see her head , she was just laying there jerking lol , but she got up , you can stomp at her or chase her and can tell she gets stiff but actually doesnt fall over ...so if you want them to faint alot dont baby them like pets and dont do it too much or they will stop fainting as much lol .... lessoned learned
idunno.gif

Hello all, nice job Carl, very descriptive write up on preparing for show! Have about 6-8 eggs in a nest in a pen of games, hope she sets for me, i am leaving them for about another week, should have an incubator set up by then if she isn't setting i am pulling them! i need some chicks on the ground!!! LOL Wind picking up this evening, hope all is well with everyone, have great night, Lynn

This is the pair that is laying in hopes to set!!! Blue Red Toppys

Hello all, nice job Carl, very descriptive write up on preparing for show! Have about 6-8 eggs in a nest in a pen of games, hope she sets for me, i am leaving them for about another week, should have an incubator set up by then if she isn't setting i am pulling them! i need some chicks on the ground!!! LOL Wind picking up this evening, hope all is well with everyone, have great night, Lynn

This is the pair that is laying in hopes to set!!! Blue Red Toppys
nice lynn , that cock bird looks good

Has anyone had any experience breeding the rumpless araucannas? I have this trio that I recently purchased. I am wondering if you are supposed to use a tailed bird for breeding or is it okay to use rumpless to rumpless? Seems I recall there being a problem doing that but I may have it mixed up with some other trait. Any info on the rumpless breeding would be appreciated.

Hi Okies,
frow.gif

I have missed being on here and talking with you all. I have been trying to keep up with the reading but never have time to post it seems.
Life is setting itself right and I am finally going strong on my chickens again. This winter was mainly a growing time. It sure is hard to have patience while they are growing!
smile.png
Went to Newcastle auction last night and won some orpington pullets. Thought I recognized some of you guys but got too shy to go over and say hi.
roll.png

Looking for some advice right now from anyone that knows Humidaire incubators. I bought one of the big model 200 drum type recently. Really I think I stole it because it was rather low priced and basically brand new. It still had the original shipping packaging. Unfortunately no manual or turning motor. The guy I got it from said he did not know anything about them and did not think it worked right. When I looked at the wiring the power wires were not hooked up. Wire it back up and it is running like a champ. Any help on working the zytron thermostat controller would be greatly appreciated. I also need to buy the hygrometer and Thermometer set. What is the best brand to get? Oh and if anyone knows what turning motor I need that would be great! The guy at SunnyCreek wants to charge $350 for the motor and another $ 50 for the manual so I am trying to look around first and make sure those prices are right! LOL

Has anyone had any experience breeding the rumpless araucannas? I have this trio that I recently purchased. I am wondering if you are supposed to use a tailed bird for breeding or is it okay to use rumpless to rumpless? Seems I recall there being a problem doing that but I may have it mixed up with some other trait. Any info on the rumpless breeding would be appreciated.
you can breed rumpless to rumpless you just dont breed double tufted to double tufted

i know there is a problem breeding frizzles together, not heard of anything with rumpless, betcha poco would know

was so nice today i was out with the silky bunch... hoping i am right that this is a girl, i trim her poof, so not sure

and the ducks were enjoying the pond

and dragon was enjoying investigating everything

and captain is nearly recovered from his throat problem, so is out investigating

Back
Top Bottom