***OKIES in the BYC III ***

lol love me some Duck Dynasty ... and ill be at brushy mountain auction come on down , in my 8x8 box lol put back in the corner, guess its where i need to be but it doesnt keep me from buying anything lol
Where is Brushy Mountain Auction? Tell us where and how to get there, i would almost drive down there just for some Chicken and Dumplins!!! LOL Lynn

That is on I 40 almost to the Arkansas line

Hubby and I made it to Newcastle and saw some great bantams!

Got to see Carl and several of his entries: OEGB ...Columbian, Birchen, and Brown Red...many of which placed. Congratulations Carl!

Sure smelled good in the kitchen at Newcastle, but I had put on a crockpot of beans and hog jowl to go with some Mexican cornbread for dinner.

We had a new calf when we got home. It had slid down the bank of one of our ponds and was between the bank and a big log....momma had it cleaned, but needed help getting it back up on the bank. You could tell the calf had nursed...Maybe before it went over the edge. It's legs were covered in mud and she was exhausted from trying to get over or around the log. Mom let us pull the calf up and into the pasture "talking" to her calf the whole time. We stood the calf up and Momma moved herself around in a place where the calf could suckle. For a second time mom, she was extremely gentle. Gotta love those cows!

Set 47 eggs today due March 16. Will candle the 15 that are due to hatch on March 11. Also have 10 due on March 5. There are a few Bantam eggs in all three hatches.

Congrats on saveing the calf Nana! Sounds like your cows are very trusting! Sing of good stewardship!
Also sounds like my Okie friends are really going to have a rough weather week ahead! They haven't said anything about our week being that bad. Hope the winter weather gets over quickly,looks like I will be doing the moving thing again in March. Our home didn't sell so we are going to move back to it. Wife is going to try and find a job closer to there so she won't have to make the daily two hour drive to and from work! Keep us in your prayers.
Had a good time at the auction to day, it was kind of small,the really huge Amish sale is next sat so I guess everyone is holding out for it. I did pick up a beautiful Arucanna roo to put over my game hens. Hopefully I will be able to find some hens for him too!

Nana awesome about the calf. Speaks to the importance of checking on the livestock everyday.
Doodle hate to hear that your place didn't sell. Hope you can find a buyer soon.

Well, the final turkey hatched this morning. We ended up with 15 out of 19. 3 quit at lockdown and the fourth quit this morning after pipping. No idea why ... but for now 15 turkey chicks is more than enough. Need to sell some of them. We also have three that are five weeks old now and we've moved them and the ducks out to the garage. Got the greenhouse fixed for now by shortening it by six feet. Sigh. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Hoping it stands up to the next snow storm coming in on Monday.

Had to make 50 cupcakes for my son's Eagle scout Court of Honor tomorrow and then made a cake for his birthday as well as cleaned the whole house because my parents are coming in for it on top of fixing the greenhouse, moving the ducks, doing laundry, and cleaning out the chicken house. It's only 7:30 but I'm ready for bed.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom