***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Wow we are rockin and rollin in Piedmont! I'm all good with the liquid precip but that frozen kind is no fun!

Thank you guys for the ideas on what to do and where to go in New Orleans. Neither of us has ever been so it will be a true adventure. I plan on making a quest for shrimp as big as my head lol! Although we won't have a lot of money to spend I am soooo excited. I have always wanted to go but just never could. I just hope we get to see as much as possible. Since DH is going to be there for a conference it will be mostly business but hopefully I won't have to stay in the hotel while he is in attendance. We will be driving so we get the added adventure of a road trip...which we both love.

I am so jealous of everyones cutie pie babies...I have zero babies this year...and need to hatch some keets for our neighbor. With this trip rolling up on us it will be hard to squeeze em in but I'm gonna try!

I didn't notice any smell. She was acting normal and didn't seem to mind when I was pushing on it. She didn't have any grass today, but she might have eaten some yesterday.
If she just overate today her crop will be way smaller in the morning, be sure and look at her crop in the morning before she has a chance to eat anything. It may be a simple as a huge meal like a frog she found or something.

I just went out to put my girls in their coop for the night and I noticed that one of my girls has a large fluid filled pocket on her breast area. Any ideas what it is and what I need to do about it? She is around 9 weeks old. There are my first chickens and I don't know much about them.
Here are some pics of her chest

I had a little roo that had a little air pocket about there i read something about a ruptured air sac. It eventually went down on its own. i don't know if it is the same or not but just though i would mention it

Muesky, I hope you get to a point to build a new home soon, too; just not the way we did! You never realize what you lose in a fire until even months later you are looking for something you know you have (had, it suddenly occurs to you). Although, I must say, there were many blessings that came out of that fire-- I now have all the electrical outlets I ever wanted in a house!
tongue.png

Whiskey Tango, congrats on all your new babies! I lost my good incubator in the fire and am now temporarily back to a Little Giant styro one that, luckily I had loaned to a friend. I get pretty good hatches out of it most of the time, but only about 50% this last time. I'm hoping this next one will be better. Can't wait until a good one is in the budget again.......

Robin, how is your black Cochin hen this morning. Did she begin to breathe easier after coming inside? Or is she still breathing hard? Do you have any Gallimycin or Pennchlor 64 (chlortetracycline HCI) for any respiratory issues? Hope she is better.

Hi all, want to thank all that put in on the POOPS, sorry we could not make it this time, wanted to report, after having my wife in and out of hospital and Dr the last three weeks they have confirmed her heart is not the problem, it is good, they think it may be a reaction to medications or over medication of BP meds, so still testing but thankful it is not her heart! Thanks for the pics of POOPS, have a blessed day!!! Lynn

no change in her, am uploading a video to you tube, she is breathing hard, she has always coughed when she drinks, i gave her some water with tums, in case it is an egg, she won't eat, runny poop,

Lumber 2 out on I-240 and Sooner had some Keets in their bins yesterday morning. This may be the last shipment for the season. The lady told me that the have gone thru 3 to 4 thousand chicks already this season. It was probably their biggest year ever in chick sales. Maybe this is why the bird prices have been up at the auctions. I am thinking that a lot more people are looking to grow their own food. I am starting believe more and more everyday that we are being poisoned by the big guys.

Back
Top Bottom