***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Early Evening, Okies : )

Anyone out there in need of an amazing NN roo? He has a buttercup comb, red neck, yellow legs, and the body of Adonis. He's going to be caponized at made a permanent bug eater on the 19th if I can't find anyone who can use him otherwise. Since I'm not hatching anything this season, he's redundant. He's free provided he's going to a farm/home where he can have some hens of his own.

One of our newest babies. It is an OEGB but not sure what kind yet Nathanael forgot to la el the egg this one came from lol. But the broody is one fierce momma.

Spent the afternoon taking Kurt to camp in Pink and then Nathanael, Jack and I cleaned and oxined all the coops and pens. Then put in new pine shavings and straw for everyone. Hope this week is quiet weather wise. My girls have all but quit laying and I am guessing it is the storms that have them off.

Anyone need a silver Phonix/EE roo? Nathanael has a spare he is a silver blue color and so sweet. Kurt also has a Duclee rooster/roo. He has two not sure what one he will keep.

One of our newest babies. It is an OEGB but not sure what kind yet Nathanael forgot to la el the egg this one came from lol. But the broody is one fierce momma.

Spent the afternoon taking Kurt to camp in Pink and then Nathanael, Jack and I cleaned and oxined all the coops and pens. Then put in new pine shavings and straw for everyone. Hope this week is quiet weather wise. My girls have all but quit laying and I am guessing it is the storms that have them off.

Anyone need a silver Phonix/EE roo? Nathanael has a spare he is a silver blue color and so sweet. Kurt also has a Duclee rooster/roo. He has two not sure what one he will keep.
I am so glad you guys got to keep some birds. i am not suprized that you kept your lavender orps for yourself.
Hope you are all settled in. We have missed you.
hugs.gif

can someone tell me what kind of plant is this one?

Is it a vine? I have one very similar, I thought it was mile-a-minute but on further research I think I'm wrong. In the late summer it is just covered with tiny white 4-petaled flowers that remind me of a star that are super fragrant. I want to get some pictures this summer when it blooms to see if I can identify it. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Just checking in. Been busy getting ready for a big trek in the mountains. 5 national parks and 3 national monuments. And working on my novel between gardening and storms and ...

Robin, little Hoshi has started laying and hid a nest from us. When we found it she had eight eggs in it. Unfortunately they were outside on the ground on got torrential rains on them but we're going to let her sit on some when we get home from our adventure. She knows her name and comes running whenever someone goes out of the house. Thank you so much for such a lovely little girl.

Kass, sorry about your car. Just glad you weren't swept away or something. We've grown peanuts before. They grew well with little work but I didn't know I could feed the leaves to my rabbits. Added bonus i'd say. Our bunnies are finally reproducing consistently.

Thanks MJ, we kept most all of Nathanael's birds. He did part with two pair of them but they were mixed pairs of birds we had picked up at auction so he was okay with that. Jackson kept his black bantam cochins (a trio) and his buff brahma bantams. He has 3 extra hens but we just use those for eating eggs since he isn't breeding them right now. Kurt kept his trio of silkies he got from Betty he loves those 3. He also kept his quad of Ducle's. He needs to rehome a roo though since he hatched one just before we moved. We kept the 10 odd bantam cochin hens, we have 3 bantam cochins sharing those 10 hens but they seem to get along fine. Then I kept 20 hens, one being my lavender orp hen and then 2 roos both are lavender orps. I had planned on keeping Big Red my RIR roo but he died 2 days before we moved. We weren't sure how old he was since we bought him from another family but he was the sweetest thing. I hated to loose him. I will replace him eventually but for now I am happy with what I have. We do have new chicks the bantams are hatching like crazy so if anyone wants Bantam Cochin chicks we have several going cheap, lol.

I miss all of you like crazy as well. We start fireworks on the 12th so will be living at the fireworks stand come next week. Anyone want to come out and just visit we are just east of Walmart in Chandler off HWY 66. You don't need to be coming to buy just pull up a chair and visit we love having company out there. Helps make the time go by faster, haha.

Hi, I am new here and am looking for homes for a Bantam and a Barred rock rooster. The B.R. is very sweet and tame, the Bantam is a bit ornery! lol I adore them both, but can't have the crowing or the baby chicks, so they need new homes. I would like for them to go to someone that will love them as much as we do!! Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom