***OKIES in the BYC III ***

True5 that is something respiratory. Chickens have no room in their sinuses so respiratory problems manifest in the eyes. Could just be a cold or it could be something more serious. Treat with Tetroxy HCA, Gallimycin, or Denagard in the water or with a shot of Tylan in the breast muscle. Since you've exposed your whole flock I would suggest cutting to the chase and treating the whole flock NOW.

Pictures from this weekend, some of these are ones I added to my website:

splash Isbar

Jubilee Orpington

OMG
love.gif
I NEED one of these!!! I love my BOrp Big Mama, but this girl is GORGEOUS!
bow.gif

Also good advice LOL!

Todd is in tahlequah and on byc, custom coops, and i highly recommend his coops! This one is so solid and well put together, i would think the only thing that might harm it would be a bear shoving it over, it is that solid!He is also on facebook, if you go there- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Four...!/pages/Four-Seasons-Handyman/244064488971450

here is the roo after his foot soak, fed him and gave him acv water-

love.gif
Sweet guy I hope he is on the fast track to a better life, no animal deserves to be left in pain!

I need some advice about the coop I am building: I live in a chicken unfriendly neighborhood, so I have to have something either not seen from the front of the house, or easily disguised. (I actually thought about putting a picture of a rabbit on the side to make people think it was a rabbit hutch. :0) ) I want a tractor so they can eat the bugs/grass and not leave a bare spot in the yard. My dh, I am just realizing, does not share my enthusiasm for the upcoming flock, so I only have about 1/4-1/3 of an acre that is secluded behind my house and no fence, and need something low profile (or at least something that looks pretty nice).

If I build a tractor, expecting to move it at least once a day, possibly twice, do I still need the 8-10 sq feet per bird in the run (6 sq feet per bantam)?

If I make a 4' tall run and put a roost halfway up the run in a couple of spots does that give me any additional "credit" for room?

Do I have to have a tall run (4'), or would a 2' high run be OK?

Is there any benefit to having a detachable run?

Someone was asking about kelp recently. I used to mix a "wet food" regularly that used kelp. Atwoods carries "dehydrated seaweed meals" called "SOURCE" in the horse section. It comes in a 5 lb. white plastic container and is rather pricey, but lasts a long time. This reminds me to add it to my feed, though I don't still use the same formula.

I need a bachelor pad for some extra roos not sure what type of coop i should make so many choices; I'm think of some kind of tractor maybe not sure my daughter wanted me to make one of those playhouse ones like these https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/593988/converting-playhouse-into-chicken-coop I read somewhere that roofs might leak so not sure that would work has anyone ever uses one of them? Also not sure if it would be very warm in the winter or how sturdy the would be.

Last edited:
I am interested in growing fodder, does anyone know where I can get bulk wheat seed in the Tulsa area? Amazon has 10lbs for about $20 with free 2-day shipping, didn't know if that was a good deal or not though. Thanks for any help!
I buy mine at the local feed store. Lees Feed on 11th and 193rd.

I think last time I pd $15.00 for a 50 lb bag.

I need some advice about the coop I am building: I live in a chicken unfriendly neighborhood, so I have to have something either not seen from the front of the house, or easily disguised. (I actually thought about putting a picture of a rabbit on the side to make people think it was a rabbit hutch. :0) ) I want a tractor so they can eat the bugs/grass and not leave a bare spot in the yard. My dh, I am just realizing, does not share my enthusiasm for the upcoming flock, so I only have about 1/4-1/3 of an acre that is secluded behind my house and no fence, and need something low profile (or at least something that looks pretty nice).

If I build a tractor, expecting to move it at least once a day, possibly twice, do I still need the 8-10 sq feet per bird in the run (6 sq feet per bantam)?

If I make a 4' tall run and put a roost halfway up the run in a couple of spots does that give me any additional "credit" for room?

Do I have to have a tall run (4'), or would a 2' high run be OK?

Is there any benefit to having a detachable run?
I can't really help much on the dimensions of the coop, there are threads on here dedicated to coop building!
You said you don't live in a chicken-loving neighborhood, are chickens banned or just not appreciated?
My neighbors didn't realize I had chickens until I told them but then I live in a three-lot-per-house neighborhood. If you live close to neighbors I would think chickens would be hard to hide! If there are no laws against chickens you might try talking to your neighbors first and/or compensating them with fresh eggs! When all else fails bribery can work wonders!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom