***OKIES in the BYC III ***

My turn! Those buff brahma bantams I've gone on, and on, and on (and on) about. I can't get over how gorgeous they are. Buffy and Van Helsing (you know... Buffy and the vampire slayer!). I talked to the previous owner last night and he's going to get the breeder's name to me, because apparently they'd won a few shows before they came to me.

The Sicilian Buttercup pullets I picked up at the Coweta auction last night. I don't know if they're pure, but they sure are pretty. I love their camoflage, but if they get out right now, I would never find them in all the leaves.

no link???
I am such a dooff!!! http://www.6dollarshirts.com/home.php?goog=text11&gclid=CMby_-a2iLwCFWwV7AodryEA6A Here is the link!!! Kassaundra you need to check this out because they have some really cool Dr. shirts.

I don't even know who Dr. Who is...but my husband has made me sit thru the firefly dvd atleast 3 times.
Oh Honey!!! You really need to watch the Dr... I have been watching since I was very little... The new Dr. Who is great! My daughter told me the other day that Dr. Who is for her generation as Star Trek was for mine...

Do you know the difference between a Northern Fairy Tale and a Southern Fairy Tale? The Northern starts out "Once upon a time..." The Southern start out "Ya'll are not gonna believe this s#*t!"

I hope that last bit doesn't get me into trouble. Sorry if it offend.
yuckyuck.gif
No offense! Was really funny!!!

Also a northern one starts "it started in a faraway land" and a southern one "it started when Bubba was holding my beer" lol
yuckyuck.gif

I love enablers!! My kind of people!

This is the first year they will be breeding age! Hence the incubator.
smile.png
I didn't want to risk it with my broody hens. So yes!! I will be selling chicks this year and probably eggs bc unfortunately my incubator is only a Brinsea 20 so it's probably not going to be able to handle all my eggs unless I can sneak away and buy a bigger incubator without my fiancé leaving me lol.

I started simple. I have India blues, Blackshoulders, whites, and Spalding Pieds. There are also a few split bronzes in there my hubby doesn't know about lol so I'm hoping for some bronze chicks.
wink.png
welcome-byc.gif
Okie style!! My pair are both old enough to breed this year so maybe if you would be interested we can swap babies or eggs.. I have a pied spaulding hen and an indian blue male..

Oh he's watched it many more than 3. Just made me sit with him for all day marathon three times.

Welcome joudan. Glad you found your way over!

I am on my way to Duncan to see grace about an incubator to feed my hatching addiction. 2 incubators just isn't enough.
Tell Grace hi for all of us.. Sure miss her!!

You say they came out of Texas? I just bought 12+ variety maran eggs off eBay from Texas. Could these be the same breeder??

Also hello everyone! I'm new here! I live up near Coffeyville Ks but on the Oklahoma side.
smile.png

I got an incubator for Christmas and I woke up this morning with 3 pipped eggs!! Super excited as this is my first hatch with an incubator and not a broody hen. I have a flock of barnyard chickens with some maran eggs headed my way Monday. But my passion is peafowl! They are my babies.
smile.png
Not sure if it's the same person... She was maybe an hour away from Dallas. I only saw her one listing and it was for the Splash Marans. Very nice looking chickens so I couldn't resist and had to have one... which turned out to be three. I blame my husband. "If your going to all that trouble then you need to keep at least two girls so if one dies.". Then I complain that the kids don't want one of the cockerels and show him the prettiest boy. "Why don't you just keep it? They will be fine." Didn't take much to convince me to keep a boy. Now hes probably regretting it because he is going to have to build a larger coop and "chicken yard". Lol!

My turn! Those buff brahma bantams I've gone on, and on, and on (and on) about. I can't get over how gorgeous they are. Buffy and Van Helsing (you know... Buffy and the vampire slayer!). I talked to the previous owner last night and he's going to get the breeder's name to me, because apparently they'd won a few shows before they came to me.

The Sicilian Buttercup pullets I picked up at the Coweta auction last night. I don't know if they're pure, but they sure are pretty. I love their camoflage, but if they get out right now, I would never find them in all the leaves.

Oh those are SO PRETTY!!! I don't blame you for taking them home!

Thorin's swollen face was so bad yesterday that one eye was shut and he got a bloody nose. (The Lav Orp cockerel) Today the swelling is gone from one side and the worse side he is able to see again. I am so happy those anitbiotics have worked so well! The little frizzle has also no drainage. She still sneezes but sounds so much better. Also has put on a lot of weight since we got her! I don't know how long she has been sick but she is suppose to be as old as my silkies and she's still peeping and is still little. I'm hoping with the the Rx she starts to grow some because she is chased and picked on by everyone. She has found a buddy in our black bantam cockerel that's not much larger than her... even though he picks on her too sometimes he lets her cuddle up to him. Gave the buff cochin girls that mixture of oatmeal and egg yolk stuff. It was on like Donkey Kong! They gobbled it down as if they had never eaten a meal in their life! I think they didn't eat it before when I offered it because we have a RIR that is the dominant hen and they stay clear of her. I'm thinking of finding the RIR a home if she keeps being pushy with them. I understand the pecking order but she's being very overly pecking with them and with their docile nature they are scared of her. Hate to though because she and my Americauna are the only two laying hens... Don't know what to do...
hu.gif

Cathie Sue, Coral was there, and I kept begging her to hold my hand down, but she just sat back and smirked evilly as my hand shot up (all of its own volition) when those Buttercups hit the floor. Bad Coral! BAD!

So Coral.... any turkey omlette surprise?
No blastoderm (bullseye) on the first egg. Breakfast was great: two-egg sized omelette with just one egg. I wish I'd bought all three dozen : (

Thorin's swollen face was so bad yesterday that one eye was shut and he got a bloody nose. (The Lav Orp cockerel) Today the swelling is gone from one side and the worse side he is able to see again. I am so happy those anitbiotics have worked so well! The little frizzle has also no drainage. She still sneezes but sounds so much better. Also has put on a lot of weight since we got her! I don't know how long she has been sick but she is suppose to be as old as my silkies and she's still peeping and is still little. I'm hoping with the the Rx she starts to grow some because she is chased and picked on by everyone. She has found a buddy in our black bantam cockerel that's not much larger than her... even though he picks on her too sometimes he lets her cuddle up to him. Gave the buff cochin girls that mixture of oatmeal and egg yolk stuff. It was on like Donkey Kong! They gobbled it down as if they had never eaten a meal in their life! I think they didn't eat it before when I offered it because we have a RIR that is the dominant hen and they stay clear of her. I'm thinking of finding the RIR a home if she keeps being pushy with them. I understand the pecking order but she's being very overly pecking with them and with their docile nature they are scared of her. Hate to though because she and my Americauna are the only two laying hens... Don't know what to do...
hu.gif
That is great, is that the meds i gave you? if the frizzle is that young, maybe section off a little area for her and the cockerel?? I finally got sonny to eat - after inhaling the hardboileld egg, he decided the crumbles looked good too

cochins will get bullied by more dominant birds, is there a group you can put the RIR with? They are wonderful birds, one of my friendliest and healthiest is Donna, my RIR

I am such a dooff!!! http://www.6dollarshirts.com/home.php?goog=text11&gclid=CMby_-a2iLwCFWwV7AodryEA6A Here is the link!!! Kassaundra you need to check this out because they have some really cool Dr. shirts.

Oh Honey!!! You really need to watch the Dr... I have been watching since I was very little... The new Dr. Who is great! My daughter told me the other day that Dr. Who is for her generation as Star Trek was for mine...

yuckyuck.gif
No offense! Was really funny!!!

yuckyuck.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Okie style!! My pair are both old enough to breed this year so maybe if you would be interested we can swap babies or eggs.. I have a pied spaulding hen and an indian blue male..

Tell Grace hi for all of us.. Sure miss her!!
Not just Doctor T's but the chemical symbol for chocolate too!!!!!

Got babies moved all around today out to bigger areas. Had a blast watching all the running and jumping and playing. I swear I'll never hatch in the winter again. I had just assumed these RIR/Production Reds I'd gotten at an auction last fall were male. But the way one of my other roosters is flirting with them made me take a 2nd look. No sickles feathers and no hackle feathers and combs still real tiny. I think they're girls. They look like RIR girls.
Got a shot of the Silkie/Sizzle/Frizzle group, got all 16 in one shot. I still can't really tell male from female, they're 2 months old now. Bardies has some the same age. There's 2 straight feathered ones from the Sizzle hatch along with 1 Frizzle and 1 Sizzle. The rest of all these are all regular Silkie feathered.

Got babies moved all around today out to bigger areas. Had a blast watching all the running and jumping and playing. I swear I'll never hatch in the winter again. I had just assumed these RIR/Production Reds I'd gotten at an auction last fall were male. But the way one of my other roosters is flirting with them made me take a 2nd look. No sickles feathers and no hackle feathers and combs still real tiny. I think they're girls. They look like RIR girls. Got a shot of the Silkie/Sizzle/Frizzle group, got all 16 in one shot. I still can't really tell male from female, they're 2 months old now. Bardies has some the same age. There's 2 straight feathered ones from the Sizzle hatch along with 1 Frizzle and 1 Sizzle. The rest of all these are all regular Silkie feathered.
AAAGGGHHH!!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD! I'm always taken aback by such big eyes they have. Theyre like the alien baby of the chicken world.

Got babies moved all around today out to bigger areas. Had a blast watching all the running and jumping and playing. I swear I'll never hatch in the winter again. I had just assumed these RIR/Production Reds I'd gotten at an auction last fall were male. But the way one of my other roosters is flirting with them made me take a 2nd look. No sickles feathers and no hackle feathers and combs still real tiny. I think they're girls. They look like RIR girls.
Got a shot of the Silkie/Sizzle/Frizzle group, got all 16 in one shot. I still can't really tell male from female, they're 2 months old now. Bardies has some the same age. There's 2 straight feathered ones from the Sizzle hatch along with 1 Frizzle and 1 Sizzle. The rest of all these are all regular Silkie feathered.
Cuteness!

Back
Top Bottom