***OKIES in the BYC III ***

When I first saw her I thought "Cocci" by her behavior- listless, fluffed, sleeping, not eating or drinking- then I saw her foot and jumped to treating that. But she's still not eating or drinking so I'm adding Corid to the water, Dawg said I could use both Corid and Pen G at the same time.

The skin between the scales at first looked taut and white. It is not at taut now and showing less since the swelling is going down. Going to force her to eat and drink today every few hours as I finally have a day to be home all day. The "blister" or wound between her toes is not really healing, just a flap of skin there like a blister popped.

Thanks for everyone's help and ideas. Lost my girl this morning. Yearning for spring.....

@SonRise Silkies I really hope you get a reply and find what you are looking for.

The silkies are my daughter's 4H projects. I got them intending to show. They need baths abd a little feather tlc because they were both in a larger flock.

The OEG was unexpected. (help the chicken math is already starting.) I would like to try to show him. but I have to dubb his comb and I am too inexperienced to do that. I do not know who to ask to help.

I am gojng to get 6 hens for layers. Technically with 6 hens and these 3 we are over city ordinances.... but if we keep everything clean and odor free I think we will be ok. The neighbor next door really enjoyed the chickens last summer.
I forgot to tell you what the girls named them.

OEG rooster is Dr. Who. The Silkie Hen is Fiana. the Silkie rooster is Mr. Magorium. lol.

Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
Dubbing is not that difficult, but I don't think I'd want to ever dub a "big" rooster, just a little chickie.
I would bet the competition is pretty tough in the OEG dept. Your boy is a beauty though.
Love the names, very imaginative

Howdy friends I just found a web site for listing animals in OK here it is.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Dubbing is not that difficult, but I don't think I'd want to ever dub a "big" rooster, just a little chickie.
I would bet the competition is pretty tough in the OEG dept.  Your boy is a beauty though.
Love the names, very imaginative

I know it is very competitive. But we have the OEG and silkies and it would be a learning experience for my girls. We need to start somewhere. :) He has droopy wings. he is really pretty but I think the droopy wings would count against him.

@lonnyandrinda
 i am so sorry! You tried!

usually i lie winter, but this year is a tough one

I like winter too. I would not mind the cold so much if there was snow with it. Not ice. But snow.

LonnyandRinda...so sorry. that is a bummer. :(

Howdy friends I just found a web site for listing animals in OK here it is. :celebrate

Thanks!!! I will check it out!

Back
Top Bottom