***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Anyone from harrah that's going to the auction in Newcastle Saturday? I was needing some birds picked up in harrah and I could meet in Newcastle before the auction I'd pay generously if anybody would be willing

FREE TO GOOD HOME.
big_smile.png

We have 3 young Bantam Roosters that need a good home. One is a full Welsummer Bantam. One is 1/2 Welsummer Bantam and 1/2 EE Bantam. And the last one is a full Blue Silkie that looks Black. The 1/2 Welsummer hatched the 28th of December. The other 2 hatched the middle of January. All are beautiful. We live in the Lindsay area and need to give them away. Thanks and have a great day!

Thought I'd post a few pictures of the chicks and the garden
These are the chicks that finished hatch last night and some Deleware Bantams from four days ago. The Blue in the front is Beaus chick out of a Blue hen. Little Rosecomb and d'Anver too.

The garden is set and growing. Roger waters every day as a way to unwind and we covered plants with flowerpots last night.
cabbages, collards and cauliflower. The gourd pole houses the Purple Martins.

Front beds are tomatoes and garlic. The nectarine tree is a volunteer from fruit I had given the chickens several years ago. I was moved from the hen house to the garden as mulch. The last bed on the right in the second photo is a 20 x 20 bed and still needs to be cleaned out for okra, squash, pumpkin. it has panels for the blackberry and elderberry.

Romaine lettuces, Swiss chard and broccoli with a few onions....that the rabbit kept nibbling. Lettuces, peas and beets.

Red iris and an apple tree

Kyzmette,
Besides the red iris posted with the garden pictures. Here are a few more colors you should see soon. These bloom first and I'll post photos of the others as they bloom. A few are a little wind whipped.....

@greenbeetle i feed them all the gamebird feed and have oystershell on the side for the hens, they'd eat what they need. I feed my flock a higher protein layer feed, and they lay better on it- so i don't think you'd be hurting them
I'm going to try upping their protein because my girls aren't laying very well right now. Plus, most of my Cochin eggs aren't fertile. I plucked cushions but probably not enough, was feeling bad for hurting their pride and behinds.

Anyone from harrah that's going to the auction in Newcastle Saturday? I was needing some birds picked up in harrah and I could meet in Newcastle before the auction I'd pay generously if anybody would be willing
I'm in SE Choctaw, 29th and Tripple X, almost in Harrah. i am for sure going to Newcastle Saturday.
I'll PM you

This is one of my Black Bantam Cochin chicks with one of Muesky's Black LF Cochin chicks.
It is not a great pic because they don't hold still very long. They are both sooooo fuzzy- head to toes.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom