***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Coral, they put me on Gabapentin, just doubled the dosage. I was going to get back in the gym this week because no matter how much it hurts, the exercise will help, but I might have to put that off a day or two, now. ;) I'm doing stretches at my desk every hour. I have a followup in two weeks to discuss the next steps.

Cheryl, loved the pics of Bock Bock! We should do a series of photobomb shots. I have one of Bumpers!

Look at these adorable BBB babies!!! This is one breed that never goes through an awkward stage.

My sweet little football, Van Helsing, was finally hobbling around okay, so I put him back outside in his pen. He was there for less than an hour when I heard a loud noise. He and Orlando were playing "Biggest Cockerel" again. So, here's a picture of my darling dufus. I think I should submit this photo to be listed as the image next to the phrase "cock-up" in the slang dictionary.

so he got hung up on the fence?

Yeah. They just started this behavior, for some reason. They'll do the jump-and-spur move, and Van Helsing has some pretty long spurs. I need to google spur trimming.

It's super easy to use a pair of pliers- grip firmly but not too tight, twist and pull straight out. There are lots of YouTube videos of it.

My partridge penedesenca hatch is finished. I set 10, removed 4 clears, and had 6 make it to lockdown. On hatch day one light chick (probably male) and two dark chicks (probably female) hatched standing up. I left the other three in for two more days, but they didn't pip. I opened the shells today after I cleaned the incubator. One had horribly misshapen feet, almost clubs. The other two looked normal, but they never made their way into the air sac. They seemed small. I'm thinking they stopped growing before lockdown.

Here's a photo of the "take a swim" dance : ) The goslings are staying in the A-Frame tonight. I put a travel tote with shavings in it towards the back of the pen. I hope they use it. This will be their first night in the great outdoors.

My partridge penedesenca hatch is finished. I set 10, removed 4 clears, and had 6 make it to lockdown. On hatch day one light chick (probably male) and two dark chicks (probably female) hatched standing up. I left the other three in for two more days, but they didn't pip. I opened the shells today after I cleaned the incubator. One had horribly misshapen feet, almost clubs. The other two looked normal, but they never made their way into the air sac. They seemed small. I'm thinking they stopped growing before lockdown.

Here's a photo of the "take a swim" dance : ) The goslings are staying in the A-Frame tonight. I put a travel tote with shavings in it towards the back of the pen. I hope they use it. This will be their first night in the great outdoors.
cute picture. Sorry about your hatch. I'm so nervous about mine right now. Probably because most are rare or more expensive breeds for me. I don't know if it's worth it. I should of used the 4 boody hens although one quit the nest, but the other has already hatched all hers I was hoping for some different breeds for poops, but I'll probably end up loving them all when they hatch. POsitive outlook..

Just the most disgusting discovery was made, today, while we were volunteering. We had a freak job show up at our rescue group and she just right off the bat wanted to "buy" two of our adoptable shelter dogs, without petting them or getting to know anything about them. Something was up, because when we started asking questions, she panicked, and then left.

Well, we learned why, today. I cant really say why because there are children on this site, but it was.. horrible.
Well, at least the dogs did not go to her. At least you can trust your instincts. Some bad people out there. How did you find out about why she wanted them?

Quote: Oh goodness, I am certainly the pot calling the kettle black. I got a new breeding pen today, plus a new breed of chicks and then and then....some freakin peacock eggs! Not even for me, I said, for a friend, I said....and here I am looking up about peacocks... Thanks, @muesky for your enabling! and @mjgigax too...
roll.png

Hey all, it has been forever since I have been on the thread. The hours at this job are killing me. 6000 unread posts. Jeezum crow. I haven't gone through them all so what is the word on POOPS? Hopefully I will see some of you fine folks tomorrow night at Newcastle. Gotta thin out some of the flock. Has anyone ever done straw bale gardening? I am giving It a shot this year. Hope everyone one is doing well.

There is a special request for your wife's aprons!

I have a Brinsea incubator, but was thinking of buying a styrofoam one to hatch in for lock down.  Which is better the still air or the forced air w/fan.  Thanks

I prefer still for lockdown.

Oh goodness, I am certainly the pot calling the kettle black. I got a new breeding pen today, plus a new breed of chicks and then and then....some freakin peacock eggs! Not even for me, I said, for a friend, I said....and here I am looking up about peacocks...  Thanks, @muesky
 for your enabling! and @mjgigax
 too... :rolleyes:

Peacocks are so pretty!

Yeah. They just started this behavior, for some reason. They'll do the jump-and-spur move, and Van Helsing has some pretty long spurs. I need to google spur trimming.

It's super easy to use a pair of pliers- grip firmly but not too tight, twist and pull straight out. There are lots of YouTube videos of it.
I've heard of people using a hot potato to facilitate this.

Back
Top Bottom