***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Morning Okies,

I need everybody to think happy thoughts for a 14-week-old cockerel who is starting his journey from northern Illinois to Haskell, Oklahoma. He will ride for 12 1/2 hours with a volunteer driver (somebody traveling south who agreed to carry a chicken). The cockerel's name is PIP. He was rescued by concerned children, and he is now a beloved family pet. He needs to be caponized so that he can remain in his current home.

I should be taking custody of PIP this evening. I'll post when I've got him settled in his temporary quarters.

Kelly - Valentine and PIP will have the same surgery date.
Dusti - Your cockerel will be in the same group.

PIP will need two days to get acclimated before starting his fast, so I should be doing the surgery on June 4th.

I was wondering about her this week, am so glad you were able to help.

Hey everyone!
Sorry I have been gone for awhile things should be getting back to normal here soon and I will be better able to keep up. With the Wants/needs board. I will post the things I am bringing to POOPS next week. When I get back home I will catch up the board. I hope everyone is doing okay. I so look forward to POOPS!

I'm looking into getting a few button quail as pets, but can only find eggs online and no one locally.
Unless I can buy an incubator that will literally do everything and only need to be checked on once a day when I get home from work for less than $100 (ha) I can't hatch them myself.
Anyone near the OKC area willing to consider hatching some for me for a fee? Probably wouldn't be for another couple months.

POOPS, need the info...newbie to the BYC but have been raising chickens for (OMG, I feel crusty) 30 years.

If someone could just share the link I'm still young enough to be kinda good with these computers, thanks!

I'm looking into getting a few button quail as pets, but can only find eggs online and no one locally. 
Unless I can buy an incubator that will literally do everything and only need to be checked on once a day when I get home from work for less than $100 (ha) I can't hatch them myself.
Anyone near the OKC area willing to consider hatching some for me for a fee? Probably wouldn't be for another couple months. 

I can do it for you. I am in blanchard. I had button quail last year

I want to have that SLW done I got from you. I'll probably want an olive egger or 2 done as well.

I wonder if I have the polish done his top knot will change.
Is there any way to get your boys here Sunday evening? I can meet you half way if you prefer. If I have them Sunday night, they can fast along with Valentine and PIP starting on Monday.

I don't know about the top knot. I know that saddle and cape feathers grow much longer on capons. Maybe the top knot would become extremely large.

The moringa seeds are spouting all over the place. I got more seed then I needed b/c they were suppose to be hard to germinate, so far they do not seem to be hard at all. They are going to be a fussier plant then I usually like to mess with, but if they live up to their hype they should be worth it.

Is there any way to get your boys here Sunday evening?  I can meet you half way if you prefer.  If I have them Sunday night, they can fast along with Valentine and PIP starting on Monday.

I don't know about the top knot.  I know that saddle and cape feathers grow much longer on capons.  Maybe the top knot would become extremely large.  

Let's try it with the polish. The midget SLW and polish are older than ideal age for the procedure. I can get them to you Sunday. I have to be in Adair at noon to pick up a rabbit hutch. What's the earliest in the afternoon I could drop them off? I could swing by on my way home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom