***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Ok here's the image:

I don't think it looks as bad as last time. But those feathers??? Normal or not?

@ksane Wise words! But those poor feathered legs and duct tape.... Yikes! I'll do it if the vet wrap doesn't stay on. But it usually does.

That's undoubtedly how the bacteria is getting into her foot. Right through the feather follicles.
The duct tape doesn't stick to their feathers. I wrap plenty of gauze around their foot 1st, the duct tape sticks to the gauze and to itself.

That's undoubtedly how the bacteria is getting into her foot. Right through the feather follicles.
The duct tape doesn't stick to their feathers. I wrap plenty of gauze around their foot 1st, the duct tape sticks to the gauze and to itself.
OK, that makes sense. So how can I keep this from coming back if she has feather follicles on the bottom of her foot? Is this normal? I can't find any info on it anywhere else on this site.

I'm a bad owner :oops: One of my big Fav girls was limping 3 wks ago and I saw she had a big bumblefoot scab on the bottom of her foot. I picked her up right there and pulled on the scab, a huge core came out along with 14 gallons of blood (well, it seemed like it at the time). When I finally got the bleeding to mostly stop I slathered her foot full of neosporin and wrapped her up in a big shoe of gauze & duct tape. surely the other hens were envious ;)
I didn't even remember about it until yesterday but it was sure still wrapped good. I pulled all the gauze off and it looks like it's healed.
So the moral of the story, Ashley, is just keep wrapping and putting neosporin on it.
Someday they're going to find the cure to the common cold is Neosporin and duct tape.

Bwahaha!

Hey all, I know I'm new on here, but I thought I'd vent a little on here. Today at noon my mother-in-law called me while I was at work. She was panicking and told me my father-in-law was in a very bad car accident and was being life-flighted to a hospital in the nearest big city. I immediately went cold because my dad died in a car accident in January, and he was only 47. We are on the road driving home now. So far, we have found out he has a broken shoulder (seatbelts really do save lives!), broken ribs, and part of his neck is shattered. He also has bleeding on his brain. Please, keep him in your thoughts, or prayers. I don't know how we can bear both losing our dads right now.

Hey all, I know I'm new on here, but I thought I'd vent a little on here. Today at noon my mother-in-law called me while I was at work. She was panicking and told me my father-in-law was in a very bad car accident and was being life-flighted to a hospital in the nearest big city. I immediately went cold because my dad died in a car accident in January, and he was only 47. We are on the road driving home now. So far, we have found out he has a broken shoulder (seatbelts really do save lives!), broken ribs, and part of his neck is shattered. He also has bleeding on his brain. Please, keep him in your thoughts, or prayers. I don't know how we can bear both losing our dads right now.
hugs.gif
So sorry, hoping for the best for him and your family.

Been working on a quilt block that I designed the paper pattern for, it is the carpenters wheel (I didn't design the block, just transformed it into a foundation paper pieced pattern)

Back
Top Bottom