***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Yep, same ones. They harrass our animals all the time, park their lawn mower against the fence and leave it running, throw things at them, one day the lady sat in a lawn chair and ran her weed eater for three and a half hours. They've put a fence in the middle of our shared drive that leaves us inches from scraping our car every time we pull in or out of the driveway. Then they told us they were watching us and knew when we left the house, who was driving, who was watering the garden, when we did the dishes, etc. We've come home twice this summer and they were on our property messing with our fencing.

I called the police last week on them and haven't heard a peep since. I'm not sure if they spoke to them or not but someone threw a brick at our goat fence last night when we were putting them up for the night. These people are just nutso. Even if the police get involved, its never long before they are right back at it again.

One night they even shot at us with their pellet gun. The bullets dinged off the fence right behind us. I'm still scared to walk down the alley. We definitely called the police that night.

Honestly, we want to move to some acreage. We know no where is ever perfect but at least we wouldn't have neighbors so close harrassing our animals. I just can't stand that about them. How can anyone be so cruel as to hate animals?
I had bad neighbors and a bad school for my kindergarteners, We moved to our ten acre in December. We didn't sell the other house, but we moved anyway. We got lucky. Our old house sold a month after we moved. Best thing we ever did! It was risky. We didn't make any profit on our old house.

Been working hard on the rabbitat this week, almost ready to post pics, maybe tonight. It won't be finished pics, but enough to see where I am going w/ it. Will be able to separate the male and female today, so when she delivers her 3rd litter (maybe next week) he won't be able to get her preggers again until I say so.

That's what you think...
lau.gif

@lonnyandrinda So glad you found two. I know how it hurts to lose something you have your hopes on. Sorry about the chick.
One of my sons just called me and said my other sons wife, my DIL was in a horse accident today. He and my other son aren't sure.exactly what happened, but she is critical and was Air Lifted to Corpus Cristi. They just know it was a green horse she was training for barrels and it blew up. She lost her right kidney completely as it is no longer functional, her liver is lacerated, and one of her arteries was bleeding into her stomach. I think that's what he said about the artery. The paramedics had an ultrasound on the ambulance and saw she was bleeding internally, so they called Flight for Life, because the nearest trauma center was an hour and a halt away. My son was 5 hours away, so he wasn't there for the surgery as they took her in right away, so she was there by herself. My son should just about be there now. He broke his back two years ago bull fighting(rodeo clown) so they have been going through really hard times. Please pray for both of them, it sounds like it's going to be a tough road. I haven't heard how the surgery went yet.
They were working on a horse ranch, as I used to. She was training horses, and he wad doing maintenance and shoeing. He has had all the breaking and training other peoples horses he wants. But she really likes doing it, still.

Late reading this, I hope that the DIL is doing ok. Prayers either way for the family....and hugs for you!
hugs.gif

There are a number of videos on YouTube on keeping chickens cool when it is really hot. In one, a home grower in Phoenix (117 degrees) took a wide, shallow, round plastic container (apparently found in hardware stores) and placed bricks that came just above the water level and his girls stood on them repeatedly (alternating to get food, water) and they weren't even panting. In fact, they looked like they loved it. If it gets over 104 here and my girls are panting, I'm going to try that!

Great idea, but a difference between there and here is they have a very dry environment, so a lot of evaporation (and thereby - cooling). More than we would have here. Great idea either way, but it likely wont work as well during a typical hot/humid day.

Great idea, but a difference between there and here is they have a very dry environment, so a lot of evaporation (and thereby - cooling). More than we would have here. Great idea either way, but it likely wont work as well during a typical hot/humid day.
on a humid day, it would make life miserable.

I believe the rule is above 85 degrees and below 45 humidity. But I'd have to check on that.

dang- oreo has spiky saddle feathers coming in... grrrrrrrrrr

and Trinity is wheezing- someone posted a higher dosage of tylan recommended by a vet, anyone remember the dosage? This girl is of course one of my favorites

Last edited:
dang- oreo has spiky saddle feathers coming in... grrrrrrrrrr

Still looks female to me. I know it's not a pure Spitz or Polish but the comb and nose is the same and those breeds usually have tiny red wattles by now if they're boys and their face is red by now. Is that a recent picture?

Back
Top Bottom