***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I'm so sorry for the loss. I'll never forget coming home to 30 dead baby ducks. It's heartbreaking. Dogs (or dog) can do a lot of damage very quickly.

The NN chicks are great. They are starting to warm up to us! I'm so glad. And the coop is about 75% done. It's done enough that they can spend their days in it but not secure enough for nights yet. I'm working on it during the day (mainly my toddlers nap time) and husband works on it late at night. It will be done on Sunday :D

I'm so sorry for the loss. I'll never forget coming home to 30 dead baby ducks. It's heartbreaking. Dogs (or dog) can do a lot of damage very quickly.

The NN chicks are great. They are starting to warm up to us! I'm so glad. And the coop is about 75% done. It's done enough that they can spend their days in it but not secure enough for nights yet. I'm working on it during the day (mainly my toddlers nap time) and husband works on it late at night. It will be done on Sunday
big_smile.png

Glad to hear the babies are doing well.

The weather's a little nicer today. My first free-range group spent their first hour hunting crickets in the part of the yard that hasn't been mowed.

Artsyrobin - Oreo is doing well with his group. He visited the older ladies (the laying hens Shasta rooms with) and called to them when he found a couple of crickets. Oreo's group is younger, and shy, so they hang back when other groups are out.

oh he looks so good!! he needed that! Thanks for the update!

Awesome, 5 day olds would probably be to old for a broody to attatch, but Sundays should work.

Checked my calendar they are actually due Tuesday. I just candled. I'll have sapphires, easter eggers, bkack copper marans, and mottled and jubilee orps. Maybe a Russian orloff or two. If you want to look for something sooner I understand.

I had a terrible quail hatch this week. Out of 22 set 14 hatched. 7 of the hatched had curled toes and all 14 died. Four died today. Five yesterday and so on. I had 7 chicken eggs and 5 hatched just fine What happened? My quail are 2 years old. I was planning on replacing them with these eggs

Back
Top Bottom