***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Nope. No hatchery will have what you are looking for there, and I'd be especially leery with a landrace like Icelandics that have a lot of variety anyway. Too easy to hide impure bloodlines. Check with.... Bob Packer? For Icelandics! Anyone know if he's here on BYC? I know him from Facebook.

Last edited:
Hello All! Long time no see. Haven't had much time for chickens or BYC but I still have a small flock. I lost my cochin roo last year and am looking for a LF blue or black Cochin Rooster if anyone has a spare please let me know! Hope all is well with everyone!

Last edited:
I agree with lonnie. I have had Icelandic(mine could be traced back to an original importer) and they really are easily mistaken for crosses. Go with someone that can give you a bona fide bloodline. I'm in the same boat, trying to find a good source for some new stock this year. have you checked out the Icelandic page on byc?

Supposed to be below freezeing for the next 36 hours! With notes in teens or single digits. Bad timing, a rat or something has scared my pigeons in their breeding loft. They won t stay in half the loft at nite, abandoning eggs and chicks during the nite hers. Not for sure its a rat or a cat or other varmint climbing around the outside walls. Whatever it is ,its really got them scared. And once a pigeon is scared it takes forever ,if ever to get them over it.

Last edited:
I breed those and that is the source of which I spoke. I won't let any "unknowns" in my flock.

I don't have any available at the moment because it is too cold to hatch. Will have some later. In fact, I have a shipment of eggs enroute from my source in Tx that I am going to hatch out. If they don't freeze traveling with the Post Office.

Hello All! Long time no see. Haven't had much time for chickens or BYC but I still have a small flock. I lost my cochin roo last year and am looking for a LF blue or black Cochin Rooster if anyone has a spare please let me know! Hope all is well with everyone!

Hello! This must be homecoming week!
I don't have LF Cochins now. Muesky has them but is low on roosters.
NanaKat might?

Back
Top Bottom