***OKIES in the BYC III ***

If you have are on Facebook, check with Joe Fanning in Lynchburg. He has some fantastic pure Behl line Icelandic. He drove all the way to Illinois to pick up his original birds. I am waiting for eggs/chicks from his black and white pen (he also has a tan/red pen) to add to my Behl line.

Yup, I am on here. I have both a mixed line (3 different imports of Icelandic) and a pure Behl import line. I am not incubating at the present time, but am getting ready to separate my birds into breeding pens and probably start incubating about the middle of February.

I can trace my birds back to the original importers.

Hello All! Long time no see. Haven't had much time for chickens or BYC but I still have a small flock.  I lost my cochin roo last year and am looking for a LF blue or black Cochin Rooster if anyone has a spare please let me know!  Hope all is well with everyone!

Hello! This must be homecoming week!
I don't have LF Cochins now. Muesky has them but is low on roosters.
NanaKat might?
@CayuseRanch
Welcome back! Yes I get online almost every day and yes, I have several extra Cochin roosters available...both Blue and Black
How are you doing?

Hi everyone... I've only been on byc a few days...

I live in Kay county..

:welcome. Glad to see new folks joining. What kind of birds do you have?

Last edited:
Supposed to be below freezeing for the next 36 hours! With notes in teens or single digits. Bad timing, a rat or something has scared my pigeons in their breeding loft. They won t stay in half the loft at nite, abandoning eggs and chicks during the nite hers. Not for sure its a rat or a cat or other varmint climbing around the outside walls. Whatever it is ,its really got them scared. And once a pigeon is scared it takes forever ,if ever to get them over it.

What are you doing for the eggs and chicks in a case like that?

not much you can do with pigeons Nana. Once they are scared off a nest they rarely return so eggs or baby are doomed. If your lucky enough to have it happen in nice weather and you have other birds nesting at the same stage you foster them off. But if it happens on cold notes they are usually dead by the time you find them. Mine are starting to go back to the area they were scared in and I only lost three sets of eggs.Tonite I'm worried because its going to be in single low digits. Its stressing and rewarding both to raise fowl it seems!

Its a descendant of the chickadactyl. Poco had a picture of one last spring. Don't know if she kept it. You can find a picture of the chickadactyl on Wikipedia.

LOL sounds interesting. Both chickadactyl and Sasquatch chicken are getting me nowhere on google. Chickadactyl pulls up a bunch of stuff about a MarioKart character. Oh well!

not much you can do with pigeons Nana. Once they are scared off a nest they rarely return so eggs or baby are doomed. If your lucky enough to have it happen in nice weather and you have other birds nesting at the same stage you foster them off. But if it happens on cold notes they are usually dead by the time you find them. Mine are starting to go back to the area they were scared in and I only lost three sets of eggs.Tonite I'm worried because its going to be in single low digits. Its stressing and rewarding both to raise fowl it seems!

Sorry, that's tough!

Back
Top Bottom