***OKIES in the BYC III ***

The ones in icu are still alive, a couple I really doubt are going to make it to morning. Here are some pics of those that made it to the brooder, a couple aren't pictured since their pics turned out blurry. Taking pics of hours old chicks isn't really easy! lol

These two came out feathered, my two roos aren't double gened and a several of my hen aren't double gened so this is always a possibility, at least one looks bearded though.

The one in the back I've been calling Gypsy girl (b/c of her face)

all the rest of these are the same girl I'm calling Beautimous
love.gif

Love the black legs!

New calf born yesterday. I saw the mom, knew she had calved, and went looking for him. I started towards the first gully but at a slant - trying to get a long look into the woods in the gully. Then I stopped just after going down. For some reason, I looked behind me, and there he was! Right in the 'road'. He is a fancy boy!

His other side.

His ear hair blowing...it is a longhorn characteristic to keep the bugs out!

The good mama.

Just so cute, had to share.

On a poultry note... The Coop hens poult died. I think it fell of the shelf and was pecked to death. I also think, though, that the hen was over focused on brooding her eggs. I should have stolen the poult right off.
Also, the woodpile poult that was in the sling, got itself out of it over night and had normal leg positions...however, it showed much less interest in eating things than the others did, and it died last night. The remaining half dozen seem to be doing ok. They loved the meal worms as well as tiny slivers of baby salad greens.

New calf born yesterday. I saw the mom, knew she had calved, and went looking for him. I started towards the first gully but at a slant - trying to get a long look into the woods in the gully. Then I stopped just after going down. For some reason, I looked behind me, and there he was! Right in the 'road'. He is a fancy boy!

His other side.

His ear hair blowing...it is a longhorn characteristic to keep the bugs out!

The good mama.

Just so cute, had to share.

On a poultry note... The Coop hens poult died. I think it fell of the shelf and was pecked to death. I also think, though, that the hen was over focused on brooding her eggs. I should have stolen the poult right off.
Also, the woodpile poult that was in the sling, got itself out of it over night and had normal leg positions...however, it showed much less interest in eating things than the others did, and it died last night. The remaining half dozen seem to be doing ok. They loved the meal worms as well as tiny slivers of baby salad greens.

Your calf pictures are amazing!!!! Can I use them as inspiration for a watercolor painting. I'd put a photo of the painting on my website and send you the original watercolor. I won't paint the cow pies, I promise. Please let me know.

Absolutely. I've promised you calf pics before - wish I was more on the ball, as the computer lost off of my cattle photos last summer. Let me know if you want these as bigger files, I can email them to you (or pm you, not sure).

Absolutely. I've promised you calf pics before - wish I was more on the ball, as the computer lost off of my cattle photos last summer. Let me know if you want these as bigger files, I can email them to you (or pm you, not sure).
I can work from the photos you posted here. I just need them for inspiration. Thank you for approval. I will send you a PM when I have a painting ready to ship. Thanks again ~ Coral

@Okla-doodle-doo Sure do appreciate the legs bands! Will send you some seeds!

We now have 25 spring calves on the ground with about that many still due! We lost two babies to coyotes early on...moved the herd to a different pasture closer to the house and have had no mor losses.
The boys want to wean the first 13 of the fall calves this morning and we will have 14 to wean next month.

On a chicken note... There are 7 chicks in the
Brooder that I will slip under a broody hen today...will get pictures before so I can post them.

Okay...here are the hatched babies....4 Cochin and 3 Wyandotte

And the first baby quail..

Then,,,I noticed this big bird!! I started the Bird of Paradise over 10 years ago from seed in a terrarium and have moved it inside each winter. It has lived thru hail and grasshopper attacks and finally has bloomed! Two blooms..The .second is just opening.

For those of you who received Poppy and Larkspur seed from me last fall...these are young plants you should be seeing now.
The Larkspur is very ferny looking and this patch should be thinned a little to allow room for the nice bushy plants

This is the Poppy...it is a grey green.different from the dandilion, grass and weeds around it. These get 12 inches wide and 24 inches tall before blooming.

One last picture especially for Kassaundra and Robyn...These are Pansy and Ansel's five chicks and a single CW.

I know that I've been mostly absent for some time. I apologize for that. I'll tell all y'all about it soon.
But, I have 54 chicken, and 8 duck, eggs, ready to incubate. Most are Ameracauna, some are Marraduna and a few are Australorp. All are purebred.
They should be in the incubator, by Monday or Tuesday.
I just found out, that I must go out of state for a couple of weeks. I cannot be here to incubate them. I could just throw them out, but, didn't want to do so, without offering them FREE to whoever can pick them up, by Tuesday at the latest. I would hate to see them go to waste.
One is a special cross breed, that I'm working on. The hen is a cross of a blue Andalusian hen, and RIR roo. She is blue laced, blue Andalusian, with dark gray shanks, but with the girth and size of a RIR. Straight red comb, and wonderful disposition. I crossed her, with a HUGE Blue, with black cape, and white splash, Ameracauna rooster. Looking to get that gorgeous blue lacing.
Anyway, if someone wants all of these eggs for hatching, I'll give them to you, gratis, if you can pick up by Tuesday.
Thanks. I hope y'all are doing great. I look forward to catching up with the crowd, when I return from the birth of my great grandson.
My oldest grandson's fiancée is having a baby. They are getting married 3/23, with the baby due by cesarean on my birthday, 3/31.

Back
Top Bottom