***OKIES in the BYC III ***

The wind doesn't always blow like this in Oklahoma.
Sometimes it comes from the north.

Or it quits at 110 degrees and we call that August lol
lau.gif
gig.gif

Nana it may work under a broody hen. I think they just need another degree wa.rmer and a little longer to hatch. If the hen stays on it long enough it should work.
Most water fowl needs a little more humidity as well

Nana I went back to the learning center. 28-34 days a degree cooler than chicken eggs and do not turn after day 25.
thank you. Just what I needed!

A pair of Canadians have nested several years on one of two little islands that I built in my pond when it went dry several years ago. The other morning it sounded like a goose fight down there. Lots of splashing and honking. Now I have a pair nesting on both islands!

P.S By Canadians I mean geese of course!

Last edited:
Nana it may work under a broody hen. I think they just need another degree wa.rmer and a little longer to hatch. If the hen stays on it long enough it should work.
Most water fowl needs a little more humidity as well
We had ha hen hatch out a nest full of ducks at three weeks the hen took the ducks down by the pond they all took straight to water the hen freaked out running up and down the shore making such a racket we thought something was after her. Everyday they would go to the pond and she would pace the shore till they came back in.

We had ha hen hatch out a nest full of ducks at three weeks the hen took the ducks down by the pond they all took straight to water the hen freaked out running up and down the shore making such a racket we thought something was after her. Everyday they would go to the pond and she would pace the shore till they came back in.

That. Is. Precious.

Hey, guys! Hope all is well! You know me, I'm here looking for something
1f602.png

I remember some of you guys are into rabbits. I'm looking for a mini lop doe or English or French angora does. Message me if you can help me out. Thanks!

Hi, Would appreciate any advise as I haven't really gotten any tomatoes for the last two years (got a few Arkansas Traveler cherry tomatoes last year but that is all).

I have raised bed gardens and large pots for tomatoes and purchased Red beefsteak, Arkansas Traveler, Roma, Summer Set, and Super Sweet 100 (the last two are supposed to be heat tolerant, which I have gotten for the first time this year). Last year my plants grew huge but the flowers wilted and died, and cut worms were eating leaves (kept taking them off and smashing them). So I have been trying to research growing tomatoes here in Oklahoma (I have lived here 25+ years and didn't used to have trouble but land has changed a lot since then).

Last year I used organic dirt in pots so didn't add an fertilizer. I had them on our patio where they did get sun but were somewhat shaded as well. Looked up websites on google and said if flowers shriveled and died probably too hot, and perhaps couldn't pollinate because of humidity. Don't have any compost so added stuff like Back to Nature compost, aged cow manure to the soil. Is that good enough, or do I need to add something else? Then I read about putting tinfoil or toothpicks around the tomatoes so cut worms couldn't get on them ... has anyone tried this? Are you successful growers putting fertilizer on them, and if so, for how long; and what kind?

Back
Top Bottom